Author Topic: Descedents of Carroll Family.  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Bonney Kathleen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Descedents of Carroll Family.
« on: Thursday 01 September 05 08:22 BST (UK) »
 ;D Hi, my name is Bonney Kathleen Carroll. I live in Australia and was wondering if anybody could possibly help me in my search for my ancestors. It is believed that my family may have entered Australia by confict ships but i really have no idea. the latest i can trace back to is my great-grandfather, William Carroll, who married Quiendaline Barnett in Morgan South Australia. i am not sure of the time period of this happening but my dad was born in 1954, and william was his grandfather.
    It would be greatly appretiated if anyone could help me, if you are a Carroll...heyhey we could be related. If not what the heck, you may just know something i don't about my family!

Thank you all so much,
                  Sincerely Bonney Kathleen Carroll :-*

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Descedents of Carroll Family.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 April 08 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Bonny Kathleen,

A belated welcome to RootsChat.

It looks as though you'll have a problem finding ancestors as families named Carroll were scattered throughout Ireland. I've shown some of the list from the Irish Ancestors Surname Search website which is based on Griffith's Valuation of Ireland (1848-64) which gives a rough idea of the size of the problem you are facing if you attempt to start your search at the Irish end. www.ireland.com/ancestor/surname Tipperary  507, Limerick  288, Cork  286, Louth  258, Laois  247, Kilkenny  224, Offaly  219, Waterford  153, Kerry  148, Dublin  147, Kildare  132, Wexford  124, Dublin city  119, and Meath  116.

I'd suggest you do some research into Carroll families in Australia ... Post a message on the Enigrants to Australia board www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,165.0/sort,subject.html

Christopher