Author Topic: Boughton House, Bransford Road, Worcester -who lived there ?  (Read 1353 times)

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Boughton House, Bransford Road, Worcester -who lived there ?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 October 21 10:58 BST (UK) »
Frederick Samuel Watts, of this city, to Victoria Maud Cook, youngest daughter of the late Alderman J. S. Cook. J.P., of Boughton illa, Worcester

This marriage announcement was in Gloucester newspapers in November 1927. I saw it before and couldn't make sense of "illa" - the "V" was missing!

So there's the answer: he didn't live at Boughton House, he lived at Boughton Villa. On the corner of Bransford Road and School Lane.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 October 21 11:08 BST (UK) »
I had another look at the the register and Louisa is shown there in 1927-33, but no exact year. She is also shown at Ibadan, Beech Avenue, Claines Ward, in the same period, with Thomas Edwin, so must have moved during that time.

David

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 October 21 16:02 BST (UK) »
More confirmation: The Worcester Municipal Year Books list the address of council member Alderman J S Cook as Boughton Villa every year from 1913 to 1927. Snippets are available on Google Books. Here is 1927:

https://tinyurl.com/yk9dnvyb

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 October 21 20:59 BST (UK) »
I have just read the latest postings.  I always knew you were all wonderful !   Cracked it, you have.
So pleased it is resolved, and his house identified.    Just coincidence Broughton House was sold the same year JSC died !   A friend who lives in Worcester will go and take a photo for me I am sure.

Maddys52 :   Many thanks for the poem -  don't know what happened to the copy I made.

Roots folks always seem to do what appears impossible !   
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA