Author Topic: Broshen, Cork - follow up  (Read 413 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Broshen, Cork - follow up
« on: Sunday 24 October 21 11:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, have started anew to save people having to trawl through pages of the previous linked topic:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=739245.0   a major brickwall for me.

Now possibly have a clue as to the origin of Broshen as seem to have quite a few dna matches to people with 'Brosnahen' + various other spellings in their trees, although can't actually make any links at the moment.

Does anybody Irish think that this could be contracted to Broshen in Deptford, London in 1826 when she married Michael Murphy?

I have done a bit of digging in the Irish records, although I am unfamiliar with them and there seems to be an ideal candidate in the baptism of a Margaret to Thomas & Mary Brusneen of Cloyne, County Cork on 24 June 1799.

Earlier siblings to the same couple are recorded as John Brusnihan 1794, Patrick Brusnihan 1795 & Eleanor Brusnehan 1797, all Mitchelstown, Cork.

I haven't been able to trace any of these people beyond these baptisms yet to see if a move to London was feasible for any of them, but particularly Margaret.

Thanks, Pheno

Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire