Author Topic: Douglas of Aultnaleard  (Read 1258 times)

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas of Aultnaleard
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 October 21 04:13 BST (UK) »
Monica

It also includes the subject property.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 October 21 09:36 BST (UK) »
Alltalaird is in the estate agent's photograph. It's just beside the vertical white line half way across the photograph of the loch on pages 6 and 7 - a triangle of greener land with trees on both sides. Also beside the white line on pages 10 and 11.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Ken S

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 October 21 16:16 BST (UK) »
 In the 1851 census Oliver (female) is found as a widow living with a son at Clibrig Sutherland ..... the next house hold is down as living at Grumbeg. I think this would be at the top east coast of Loch Naver. I live in Ontario Canada, so I am not close
William Stephenson - born 1814 at Doncaster West Yorkshire - married Mary Scott at Cottingham East Yorkshire (Hull) in 1838. Williams parents I believe were another Wm Stephenson and an Alice Carter - married Cantley Parish W Yorks (Doncaster) in 1811..... Other east riding names are Nicholls (Bridlington, Yorks and Wigan Lancs.) and the surname Withernwick.