Author Topic: dont dispair of non matching 4th cousins  (Read 716 times)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
dont dispair of non matching 4th cousins
« on: Monday 25 October 21 23:19 BST (UK) »

thanks to a very interesting post which gadget shared
ive been looking at my dna matches on my scottish side which do not match my paternal aunts DNA

there are a cluster shown as 4-6th cousin level who match each other and me from a range of 22cm to 37 cm

the top 2 matches = 1 other  have closed trees
3 have trees that have less than 30 people on

two showed up as having thr lines  back to john ROBERTSON my 5th times great grandfather but with such a commo surname i would not like to validify the accuracy of the chosen thru lines
surname

however the closed trees did show a connection to Cambuslang and glasgow regions where my ancestors lived and the highest match also matched my 2nd cousin

if the thru lines are correct one is my 6th half cousin and one is my 5th cousin

and i think another could be connected thru john Robertsons mother jane SCOBBIE 1740 as she has that surname in correct location in 1780.s

which I believe proves that Ive inherited a bit of my fathers DNA which didnt go to his sister + that not sharing 3rd great grandparents dna does not mean that they are not related as my aunts grandparents are definitely my great grandparents so all the way up the lines we have the same relations .

i suppose its easier to prove a positive than a negative .

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson