Author Topic: Dna connections  (Read 630 times)

Offline eda

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Dna connections
« on: Friday 05 November 21 11:31 GMT (UK) »
After years of searching for my husbands grandfather with no luck, my husband decided to do a dna test,, the paper work and following other trees on ancestry proved we had the wrong man,
My husband never believed it was him anyway just not enough evidence but others clung onto this man as it was the nearest they could get, so now it's on ancestry and gets me so mad because it's, wrong,, the dna points to mulligan family from swineford Ireland lm in touch with a few dna connections one has let me have access to her tree, my problem is the families are huge 16 children and most left for America,, our grandfather gave his date of birth as 1885,1887 he lived in Birkenhead most of his life we have him on 1939 register and his marriage cert,, we also have him around 1917 on the police gazzette, it gives his birth as 1871or 1877 not easy to read, he was supposed to have absconded from his station in balcombe after he got grandma pregnant, he also joined the merchant ships after he absconded, we knew him as Sydney John milligan,, but under this name he cannot be found my husbands father told him he thought his father changed his name,,
heywood Lancashire  stubbs ,macclesfeild cheshire
winstanley ,  brown, gatley ,mitchel ( milligan/mulligan Blackburn Prescot prestwich Mayo and swineford area )dwyer, Harrison birkenhead and ireland