Author Topic: Ann Robson born about 1815 Birtley  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Robson born about 1815 Birtley
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 November 21 19:35 GMT (UK) »
I have an Ann Robson on my tree born abt 1815 in Birtley to William Robson and Ann Parker.

What evidence do you have that she survived childhood?

If I have the right Ann she was baptised 15th October 1815,
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-9967-PS6F?i=113&cat=1827352

There is a burial at Birtley on 20th June 1818 of an Ann Robson aged 2¾ years.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L967-PSN9?i=129&cat=1827352

Unless, for some reason you've eliminated that burial, I would say it's a pretty good match.

Thank you Jen B, really helpful. I agree, the Ann I refer to born 1815 is likely the same Ann this burial is for
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Robson born about 1815 Birtley
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 November 21 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Following on from Pennines post, Ann Robson is recorded as 42 in 1871, 56 in 1881 and 81 in 1901. Her year of birth is potentially anything between 1820 and 1829!

As far as I can see there is only one baptism in Birtley in this kind of time frame for an Ann Robson.

This baptism in 1822 does indeed have parents named as William and Ann, William being a pitman. ( This couple may have had an earlier child called Ann baptised in 1815 but there is a likely burial for her in Birtley in 1818 showing in the National Burial Index). This ties in with JenB's post above.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-9967-PSXM?i=143&cat=1827352

Of course the best way of pursuing this further is to obtain the marriage certificate for Nicholas and Ann.

( Also please note that the Birtley Bishop's Transcripts are one of a number of parishes/ chapelries which can only be accessed via the Family Search catalogue).

William

There is also a baptism of an Ann Robson in 1821 in Birtley, mother named as Ann but the Bts actually show her as Mary Robson!

Thank you William. This is really helpful. I think in all likelihood this is correct and makes complete sense
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)