Author Topic: Diary Summary - week ending 14th November 2021  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Summary - week ending 14th November 2021
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 11 November 21 15:22 GMT (UK) »
My apologies, Caroline , ,gosh five kiddies under five, !
Enjoy the photographs.
That amazing family on their  Yorkshire farm are wonderful.
Viktoria.
Ooo’ more photographs have come!

Gosh she is alert!
Her name is Kyra May ———-.
Kyra  can  be “ light “ or the  Celtic for “ little dark haired one “.
Pronounced as Ky ra.
The Gaelic spelling is nice -Ciara- but they could see spelling confusion and mis -pronunciation to Kee-ra.
She surely will be dark,her Mummy,  her Daddy and his Mum who is my daughter ,her first husband are all dark haired, and I too was very dark.

So all is well .
 I have been so relieved I forgot it was November 11 th today.
I feel quite disgusted with myself
Kyra, Aaaaw, she looks almost a month old ,Flash Harry nursing her .
Thanks again for your kind thoughts.
Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 11 November 21 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Think we’ve got wires crossed somewhere Viktoria 😂😂… nephew got three daughters under the age of five…. Not five daughters… think they’d be turning grey instantly…

Know what you mean about it being Armistice Day… I should have not left so early this morning until after 11am… as it was I was driving through Kimbolton at 10.58, I was in a dilemma whether to stop or not… but no where to park so had to carry on driving…

Pleased to hear you’ve got some nice pics of your gt granddaughter…. I visited my cousin today who was recently windowed and she’s just become a gt grandma for the second time 10 days ago!  Must be the season!

Take care all

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 11 November 21 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Yes I think it was Louisa May who knew someone with five children under five!
See how daft I am.
More pics of baby ,she really does look older than just her second day.
F.H is fascinated apparently .

Gosh another week gone by.

No other news really.
Must get an earlier night,read until very  late,in bed.

Well it seems The Queen will attend the  Remembrance  Sunday Service, most  probably on that  balcony opposite The Cenotaph.

Keep well folks ,cheerio.
Viktoria.
probably from that balcony

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 November 21 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to get in a muddle Viktoria… I’m easily confused 😂😂..

Very pleased to hear your little one has arrived safely and all is well..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 12 November 21 04:50 GMT (UK) »
Delighted for you and your family Viktoria, knowing that Kyra has arrived safe and well, similarly our youngest granddaughter with a Celtic name has the easier spelling version for the same reasons but pronounced and meaning still the same too, beautiful.
Family friends have a new addition this week with a dear baby boy arriving just 2 days before due date, likely that he will aspire to be a fireman one day with both his mummy and daddy, paternal granddad and great granddad all with careers in fire service. First born for this son and wife, lovely news too and eagerly awaited, 3 cousins so far and probably a sibling or 2 down the line.

I've been watching the busy bird families in my yard with their nestlings, fantails and sparrows this week with their hungry babies.
Granddaughter, 7, has been to the ngahere ( bush/forest area ) with her class twice this past few days at school, outdoor learning and nature study a regular part of program. All very easily accessible and close to their country school too, just reminded in advance to bring appropriate gear and off they go.
As a contrast she did another hip hop performance for the public at the Intermediate School hall in town with a costume change for each of the 4 dances, all videoed and  shared with us last night, very good and good audience, including other grandparents living closer, usually held at a larger facility.
Only senior school children in Auckland region have been allowed back to school recently and allowing rest from next week, concerning for some families understandably whatever their view.
Vaccination targets much closer to being met, mandates more of issue as elsewhere.

Venue reopened this week for my usual Wednesday morning haunt but with limited access with restrictions, had something to quickly drop off and went that way for my walk. Came home with a big bunch of poppies for a vase and rescued just ahead of the gardeners pulling out all the beds and everything going on the trailer. Has happened before too, more than happy to tell me to help myself and I do. Timely for 11th for the vase, not so for those gardens but I walked down to our local cenotaph on Thursday/yesterday morning and that was surrounded by a planting of red poppies. Only one other visit while I was there though right on time, the ceremony was a restricted one by the Returned and Services Association further up the road with just 25 people allowed to attend outdoors and I saw some of that televised when shown later in the day. Knew they were intending to invite an old friend who turned 100 last week and a long time member of the RSA and good to see she was able to make it. NZ 's oldest living WW11 veteran passed away on Monday aged 108, had the title just a short while with a fellow Cantabrian and RNZAF war veteran passing in August just shy of his 110th birthday and they both continued to attend ceremonies and lead incredibly active lives well past their 100th birthdays. Respect.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 12 November 21 05:24 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new great grandchild Viktoria. Lovely news for you and your family.

Nothing much to report here. Vaccination targets being met and masks no longer have to be worn, but a couple of mystery cases of concern, so they may have to go back on.

Very hot and humid here and some heavy rain and storms, though much worse in other areas. I think the worst has passed now for the time being. The gardens are loving it.

I hope everyone is keeping well.  :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 12 November 21 07:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Viktoria,

Just popping en route in to say hearty congratulations to new Great Grandma!  This is such wonderful news coming along as we near this year's end.  I am really delighted for you and your family. :D💖
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 12 November 21 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all, for your kind wishes and news too.
  I must try to get to our War Museum in Manchester ,ceramic poppies on display in a permanent exhibition I think I heard in the TV News.
I thought the ones from The Tower of London Centennial display had been available for purchase for the Poppy Fund, to individual purchasers.

Must dash out to catch the early post,birthday card for friend ,forgotten to do it in the excitement of Kyra’s arrival.
So thanks again for lovely news abd kind wishes.
Post box just up the road and a nine O’clock  collection,just the one per
day.
Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 12 November 21 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria- the poppies that were originally made that were around the tower were able to be purchased as I bought one as a reminder of my gt Uncle Fred… it stands in a glass jar in pebbles with dried grasses from the garden on a windowsill in our conservatory… I wanted to put it outside but they said they weren’t frost proof…

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK