Author Topic: 1802 Marriage Certificate - Aberdeen  (Read 894 times)

Offline DudelsackHogg

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1802 Marriage Certificate - Aberdeen
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 November 21 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Just to add. The marriage entry for Jean/Jane Berry (parents Andrew Berry shoemaker and Ann Innes)  to George Milne (14/06/1840) 171/ 20 62 Alford, gives no additional information. Just George Milne of this parish and Jean Berry of the Parish of Lumphanan.

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 09 November 21 08:46 GMT (UK) »
It would be worth checking the censuses (FreeCEN has the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire ones for 1841 - 1871) to see where this Jean Berry was born.

Offline DudelsackHogg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 09 November 21 10:36 GMT (UK) »
One other thing you could try is to look at the minutes and/or accounts of the kirk session of the chapel of ease. There might be a reference there. They, as you probably know, are available to read free on ScotlandsPeople. You would search for Aberdeen and pick out the correct congregation and volumes (if they are available).

Offline DudelsackHogg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 09 November 21 14:25 GMT (UK) »
One other thing you could try is to look at the minutes and/or accounts of the kirk session of the chapel of ease. There might be a reference there. They, as you probably know, are available to read free on ScotlandsPeople. You would search for Aberdeen and pick out the correct congregation and volumes (if they are available).

Good idea. There are some Kirk Session minutes available. This one seems to be relating to the Chapel of Ease:

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/virtual-volumes/record-creator-search/sessions-volumes?rex_uid=REX00073&related_places=GAZ00070&placename=Aberdeen%20city

For earlier entries it looks like it will be in the Aberdeen - St Nicholas Kirk session. It looks pretty complete. Going to keep me busy.

Hopefully I'll find something useful. I will post an update if I do.

Thanks