Author Topic: J. Pascoe, bookseller  (Read 879 times)

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: J. Pascoe, bookseller
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 November 21 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Brentor Boy - Yes...Exactly my thoughts although John Webber's details do place him within a time-scale that seems to overlap those of the John Pascoe, born 1826.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 November 21 07:17 GMT (UK) »
Just to follow up on previous notes - thanks to correspondents: it's now possible to set out a life-history of John Webber Pascoe...who is the man for whom I was searching out references initially.

roly
I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline athel_cb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 November 21 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Not much help, I know, but I lived in Newton Abbot as a child and went to school there for a while. There was a boy called Pascoe at the school (Wolborough Hill School, now defunct) but I remember nothing about him. All this shows is that there were still Pascoes in Newton Abbot in the 1950s.
Cornish (Devon), Bowden (Cornwall, Devon), Kitson (Devon, not North Lancashire), Karslake (Devon), Eales (Devon), Churchill (Dorset -- no known connection with Sir Winston), Duncan (Ireland), Colclough (Ireland, not Staffordshire), McMurtry (Ireland), Browning (Hampshire, Dumfries), Heberden (various), Rogers (Thurlestone, Devon)