Author Topic: Ralph Fenwick of Kenton  (Read 511 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ralph Fenwick of Kenton
« on: Sunday 14 November 21 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi! Can anyone help with any of the following?

I have a Tristram Fenwick of Kenton (born c 1585) listed as the son of a Ralph Fenwick of Kenton who died in 1610?
Tristram Fenwick is listed in the will of a John Heron who died 1618/9.

I believe Tristram Fenwicks second wife was Elizabeth Grene who he married in 1615 at Durham and had 5 sons.

If anyone can help with the Will of John Heron what mentions Tristram or also the parents of Ralph Fenwick of Kenton who died in 1610 i would be very grateful! Many thanks to all. :)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ralph Fenwick of Kenton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 21 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Don't think I can help, but am puzzled.

Unless you already have the will of John Heron who died 1618/19, how do you know Tristam was listed in it?
The only 'likely' entry I can see on the North East Inheritance Database that fits this name and approx date is
John HERON, gentleman, of Greenefeild (Grenefeild, Grenefeld) in the parishe of St Hellen Auckland [Auckland St Helen, County Durham] also spelt Hearon

and though there is no link on the entry (therefore no file on FS) using the ref, a query to Palace Green Library would perhaps result in a quote for copies of the inventory and details of the commission and admin or at least tell you what is in existence for it?

Boo

Online JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 November 21 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Unless you already have the will of John Heron who died 1618/19, how do you know Tristam was listed in it?

Possibly from this  :-\ https://etheses.whiterose.ac.uk/9926/1/467034_vol2.pdf   see p. 31
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 November 21 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jennifer.

I (obviously incorrectly) assumed that the John Heron's will was also within the Diocese of Durham jurisdiction. There doesn't seem to be any source quoted so its a needle in a haystack scenario.

Boo