Author Topic: Elizabeth Wilson 25.11.1895 Southwark. Info needed after 1911 census  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Wilson 25.11.1895 Southwark. Info needed after 1911 census
« Reply #27 on: Monday 15 November 21 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Frances Fanny was with her uncle and aunt James & Frances Rowden in 1911 - she's also a bookfolder. Looks like she's gone to her father's side, as the aunt's maiden name was  Wilson. Interestingly the aunt say she was  born in 1871 in France on both 1901 and 1911.

I can't find a marriage for James Rowden and Frances Wilson - they claim it should be around 1893. Nor can I find Frances before 1901

Ancestry hints at a marriage for Frances Wilson in the right sort of area of London, but to a different man. That woman's father is called Alfred

Offline lizzieliza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 15 November 21 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that. The more I think about the mix up with the dates the stranger it seems with this branch of the family. My gran Frances was born 19th April and baptised in May, yet her birth certificate has her born in July of that year! She herself queried this in later life but was assured that was her birth cert. All very odd.

Offline lizzieliza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 15 November 21 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Frances Fanny was with her uncle and aunt James & Frances Rowden in 1911 - she's also a bookfolder. Looks like she's gone to her father's side, as the aunt's maiden name was  Wilson. Interestingly the aunt say she was  born in 1871 in France on both 1901 and 1911.

I can't find a marriage for James Rowden and Frances Wilson - they claim it should be around 1893. Nor can I find Frances before 1901

Ancestry hints at a marriage for Frances Wilson in the right sort of area of London, but to a different man. That woman's father is called Alfred

Frances did live with her aunt for a while. Her aunt wasn't born in France. That was a lie for whatever reason. Frances married William Frederick Filkins in 1912

Offline lizzieliza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 19 November 21 10:18 GMT (UK) »
George Hart the Wire Worker in 1891
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QSXH-BMM

There is a Mary Wilson death in St Olave in March 1933, age 62. Too young?

Happy to say I followed up on your finding re possible death of Mary Wilson. The cert just arrived and is correct! Finally know what happened to my great grandmother. Thank you jonw65

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 19 November 21 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi
That's very good news, thank you for telling us.
I wonder if Mary will show up in the 1921 census, which is released next year. And which will also give you another chance of tracking down Elizabeth, married or otherwise. And could Mary have lived with her for a spell before she turned up with Frances?
John

Offline lizzieliza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 19 November 21 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Fingers crossed for the 1921 census! Meanwhile I have found 3 possible marriages for an Elizabeth, so a trip to the records office is on the cards. Big thanks to everyone for their help. Very much appreciated
Liz