Author Topic: Suzanne Marguerite Schwartztrub (born Bourlier) was born 1830 France  (Read 3126 times)

Offline callbrian

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Suzanne Marguerite Schwartztrub (born Bourlier) was born 1830 France
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 18 November 21 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.
Are these documents in everyday French or is there an “Old French”?
I’m only asking because you have provided some wonderful info, will we be able to translate or find some one who can. Personally I have no knowledge of French at all.
Regards
Brian

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 18 November 21 17:30 GMT (UK) »
It seems that Jeanne Beucler was born on the 5 April 1769, Audincourt, Doubs, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, France. Her parents were Jean Christophe BEUCLER and Élizabeth LÉCUREUX.

The online records for Audincourt don't go back far enough to share a copy of the birth certificate with you. There is info on filae going further back.
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 18 November 21 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.
Are these documents in everyday French or is there an “Old French”?
I’m only asking because you have provided some wonderful info, will we be able to translate or find some one who can. Personally I have no knowledge of French at all.

It is slightly older French, but still understandable.

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 18 November 21 18:25 GMT (UK) »
My attempt at a translation of Jean Georges and Susanne Catherine Schwartztrúbs' birth certificate:

Jean George
and
Susanne Catherine
Schwartztrúb
Twin Children

Jean George and Susanne Catherine, twin children of Joseph Schwartztrúb, labourer, burgher of Montbéliard, and of Susanne Bruot, his wife, born the 3rd of September 1781, between eleven and midnight, and were baptised on the 4th (the following day) in the Church of the suburb of Montbéliard by Mr Pierre Nicolas Piquet, minister of the Holy Gospel and tutor of the second French school of Montbéliard, burgher of this place. The first born of these children, who was a son was named Jean George and had for godfather, Jean George Genärdig, labourer, burgher of Montbéliard. The godmother was Catherine Duperret, daughter of George Duperret, tailor, burgher of Montbéliard. The second of these children, was a daughter, had for godfather at the holy baptism, David Lods, cobbler*, and for godmother, Catherine Lods, brother and sister, son and daughter of Isaac Lods, cobbler*, burgher of Montbéliard. Registered by the undersigned Pastor of the Church of the Suburb on behalf of Mr Piquet.

F C du Vernoy

*or shoemaker

Offline callbrian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 18 November 21 18:30 GMT (UK) »
You are so kind, I will send it to my friend.
Thank you.
Regards
Brian

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 19 November 21 20:52 GMT (UK) »
My attempt at translating the Marriage Certificaate of Jean George SCHWARTZTRUB and Jeanne BEUCLER. Such certificates tend to be very wordy with little punctuation!

On the third day of the month of Messidor, year thirteen of the French Republic* at 11 am.
Marriage Certificate of Jean George Schwartztrub, labourer, twenty-three years, nine months and nineteen days old, born in Montbéliard, Haut-Rhin# Département on the third of September seveteen hundred and eighty-one, son of Joseph Schwartztrub, labourer dwelling in said Montbéliard and of Susanne Bruot, the father living and the mother deceased
And Jeanne Beucler dwelling in Montbéliard, thirty-six years two months and seventeen days old, born in Audincourt on the fifth of April seventeen hundred and sixty-nine, daughter of Jean Beucler, farmer in said Audincourt and of Elizabeth Lecureux, the father deceased and the mother living.
The preliminary certificates are taken from the publication of the Banns made in Audincourt on Sundays, the thirteenth and twentieth Prairial § at midday with no objections and the birth certificates of the spouses of the third September seventeen hundred and eighty-one, and the fifth of April seventeen hundred and sixty-nine, all of the certificates were read by me, Registrar in accordance with the laws of the 20 and 24 Ventôse Year XI ° as well as article VI on marriage certificates containing the respective rights and duties of the spouses.
The present said spouses avowed to take in marriage
On the one hand Jeanne Beucler
And on the other, Jean George Schwartztrub.
In the presence of Nicolas Frédéric Reess, cobbler », twenty-nine years old, of Jean George Marconnet, carpenter, fifty-six years old, of Charles Marconnet, cobbler », twenty-nine years old and of David Valz, labourer all dwelling in Montbéliard, friends of the husband and wife.
After which I Charles Frédéric Surleau, mayor of the town of Montbéliard carrying out my duties as as Registrar pronounced, in the name of the law, the two spouses as joined in marriage, and the said witnesses signed with me, with the exception of the two spouses who could not sign being illiterate following their declarations.

*22 June 1805
#Upper Rhine
§2 & 9 June
°11 & 15 March 1803
» or shoemaker

Offline callbrian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 19 November 21 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Marvellous.
I thought it all seems a bit wordy…..
Thanks
Regards
Brian

Offline callbrian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 20 November 21 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I was wondering if you had any idea as to why, Eugenie Emelie Schwartztrub may have come to the UK?
She first appears in the census of 1881 aged 16 a nurse. The house is in Putney, Surrey, the other occupants are domestic servants and one other nurse. There is a Swedish timber merchant/agent in the previous property with a large number of servants maybe this is an “over spill”
The next record is her marriage to Robert William Dibdin in Dec 1882. This record is how we came across Pierre Joseph Schwartztrub, clerk of Holy Orders.

I have now come across an anomaly in the marriage notices of the Morning post.
Robert W Dibdin and the marriage of Eugenie Emelie Schwartztrub Hautier of Switzerland father Rev. Marc Hautier. La Sarraz Vaud Switzerland.

This has now got me baffled….
Regards
Brian
Regards
Brian

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile