Author Topic: McHardy family  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Okerswood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McHardy family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 November 21 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Monica,
Thanks for those two links. You have confirmed that my McHardy family is correct up to Alexander McHardy born 1837 and his father Alexander McHardy born 1806.
I am now moving on to check that the  next generation is with Philip McHardy born 1776 and his wife Janet Masson born 1776.
I have a link to the Glenlivet Project on display in Tomintoul village centre in 2015. My son visited the centre for me and found very interesting photographs and documents.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 November 21 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Good luck moving back to the next generation!

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alex Mackay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I see you were asking about Alexander McHardy (1806 - 1883), Alexander is Great Great Grandfather . He had a son called Alexander born in 1837 ( His daughter Elizabeth was my grandfather's mother ) . His mother, Margaret Stuart, died in 1858 and I know she was a widow in 1814 (was married to a Philip McHardy ). He rented the farm at Bravail (various spellings) in Glenlivet of 19 acres and I know they were there from 1814. As they were Catholics they may not have registered death of the father, Philip, at the Church of Scotland Parish (Inveravon)
My grandfather was also Alexander after his grandfather , Alexander McHardy , and I am called after my grandfather , Alexander Mackay (traditional Scottish family naming)
Happy to help more as I have researched my family for 30 years plus and have visited the graveyard where he is buried a number of times.
Alex Mackay

Offline Alex Mackay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 February 22 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Also forgot to say I have traced that line of the family back to the early 1700's but not further back. I have a number of documents including birth, death and marriage papers and certificates. Also a number of documents such as the Status Animarum (Catholic Census), Banffshire Ordance Survey Name Books 1867 - 1869, Valuation Roll for Parish of Inveravon, Glenlivet Estate as well as the Census.
Alex Mackay