Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 28th November  (Read 4957 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 28th November
« on: Monday 22 November 21 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Here  we start  another  week, today the  sun is  bright and a beautiful  blue sky, these  are  the  days I  would  like  to  be  walking along a prom somewhere taking in the  fresh  air.

Stir  up  Sunday  yesterday, who  made  Christmas  puddings?, my neighbour has  already  made me one  a few  weeks ago, I  was  allowed to give  it  a  stir  for  a  wish

Hope  all is  well with  everyone

Louisa  Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 28th November
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 November 21 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Have been fence painting all day today - crisp and sunny.
LM Have never made a Christmas pudding but I used to make a Christmas cake. Now that there’s just the two of us at home and I don’t eat Christmas cake, I just buy him a small one to eat.
North East of England

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 November 21 16:51 GMT (UK) »
I don't  make  them now, I always  used to put nuts in like  my  mother did but my son in  law  made  such a fuss i   have  never  done it  since, my neighbour  makes  me  one  every  year  and  it  is  always  very  nice
Been  a  beautiful day, my brother  in  Teignmouth  said the roads round about  him  were  jam  packed , he  only  assumed  it  was  due to such  a  nice  day

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 November 21 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Lovely sunny day here too but colder. Had a trip to M&S food to replenish my empty freezer. I have a supermarket delivery coming on Wednesday but wanted to buy some of the treats I haven’t had for months. Also bought a Christmas cake and Christmas pud, both of which I love. Only myself to feed but I buy full size ones.  :)

I guess this is a busy time for lots of people, we haven't heard much from some of the regular diarists lately. Hope everyone is well.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 November 21 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Cold  Christmas  pud is nice as well
LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 November 21 17:58 GMT (UK) »
BUT, whatever you do - don't forget the cheese to go with the Christmas cake  :)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 November 21 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Likewise here today beautiful sunshine but a shock when I stepped outside at how cold it was…. Frost on the car windscreens this morning.. first one!

I’ve been busy lately and although I read all posts haven’t written much or anything!

Walk tomorrow morning, Tesco delivery Wednesday, zoom book club Thursday, Good Food show at NEC with a friend on Friday, friends for supper on Saturday… day of rest on Sunday as it should be!

Sorry to hear about your freezer episode Roobarb…. Well done for finding your phone after a year too… as others have mentioned I’m sure a repair shop could sort it out for you! Nothing like M & S treats too..

Have to say not made Christmas cake or pudding before… my daughter does and gets the boys to help her…

Our Christmas craft Fayre is looming (4th Dec) so it’s been manic card making ( nearly 200 now) finished all the bauble acrylic pouring and decided to make flour and salt decorations in Scandi style, so kitchen table covered with them after painting today. Posters everywhere, boards on roadside either end of the village, lots lovely raffle prizes donated… just hope we get lots peeps on the day and we raise plenty for Afghan refugee families in Northamptonshire 🤞🤞🤞.

Lovely to read in previous posts that Viktoria’ s family have been for a visit… don’t envy the dental treatment…hope her daughters horse makes a recovery..

RTL always amazes me with her long shifts, two buses remaining so cheerful and so aware of all that’s going on around the bus stations..

LM - thanks for starting this post off it’s interesting to hear from Mare how things are in No as a comparison…. Wonder how things are in Canada too.

Well off to bed now as up early!

Take care everyone
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 23 November 21 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Wow, you certainly have been busy Caroline! What a sterling effort to produce 200 Christmas cards, hope they sell well, I'm sure people will like something hand crafted. Likewise the baubles and other decorations.
The Good Food show sounds just your thing, hope you have a lovely day.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Ups and downs as usual.... very sorry to hear about Roobarb's freezer catastrophe, but what a joy to know Viktoria had a lovely family visit.
Well done Caroline for yet more herculean creative efforts.

Last week I spent many hours trying to crochet a miniature boater. By special request of a friend.
(!! You may well ask why? :-\  ;) )
I found the pattern tricky to follow, but after about 6 rip outs I was satisfied with the result, only it was vastly too big, so I searched the craft shop and eventually decided to try again, using a special Gutterman thread... perhaps intended for what used to be known as "top stitching" (on a pale green spool, if anyone knows about these things).  Thicker than normal thread but finer than crochet cotton.
Well, another frustrating 6 rip outs, and I finally achieved something creditable, which fitted onto a small glue stick, (instead of a large one,) thus being the correct scale.  Glory be!  After stiffening,  blocking and attaching a very fine ribbon trim I am boss eyed, but pleased with the result.
On Sunday I spent a few hours at an antiques fair.  I did wear a face covering the whole time, though many were not, but it is a vast building with a fairly high ceiling, so I felt moderately comfortable.
On Saturday there will be a Morris meet to dance for Christmas shoppers in a car park. The weather forecast suggest sunny intervals and Northerly winds of over 50.  Might need to tie my hat on!! :D

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.