Author Topic: Translation required  (Read 707 times)

Offline callbrian

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Translation required
« on: Wednesday 24 November 21 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have previously posted regarding Eugenie Emelie Scwartztrub, married to Robert William Dibdin.
I do not require any info on them as such.
Several members have kindly researched and found documents on line.
What I require if possible is a translation of the document in the following link. It runs to over three pages. There is a box at the bottom of the viewer to move pages.
For some reason the last part of the link doesn't control/click so it may have to be typed in manually.

https://archives.montbeliard.com/4DCGI/Web_RegistreActes1E32xzx32767*273/3/ILUMP3152

yours Hopefully
Brian
Regards
Brian

Online AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Translation required
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Link is asking for a user name and password to gain access

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 13:45 GMT (UK) »
You have to copy the whole link and paste it in.  This will reveal that the language to be translated is French, something it would have been useful to mention up front.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline callbrian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, yes I did forget to mention it was French.
I have tried a couple of times to copy and paste the link it doesn't like the last few characters.
It appears as in the previous reply you have to sign in to be able to access, then paste in the link, into "Geneanet".

https://archives.montbeliard.com/4DCGI/Web_RegistreActes1E32xzx32767*273/3/ILUMP3152

Regards
Regards
Brian

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, yes I did forget to mention it was French.
I have tried a couple of times to copy and paste the link it doesn't like the last few characters.
It appears as in the previous reply you have to sign in to be able to access, then paste in the link, into "Geneanet".

Regards

The link has nothing to do with Geneanet.

This is the link as posted in your other post:

I'll start having a look later, but will have to do it in small chunks and it will take some time.
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline callbrian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
No pressure your help is very much appreciated.
OK! I thought it was Geneanet my mistake but I had so many links come through, I’ve lost track. I’ve started to save them to a document.
This is becoming a bit of a nightmare as, Eugenie has given her father as Pierre Joseph Schwartztrub on one document and Rev. Marc Hautier in the marriage announcement in the newspaper.
Her first child has the mother’s maiden name as Schwartztrub-Hautier. All her other 8 children are variants of Schwartztrub.
Regards
Brian
Regards
Brian

Offline manukarik

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 17:39 GMT (UK) »
This is the first page translated (I'll look at the rest later and update here - now completed rough draft):

Pierre Joseph
Schwartztrub
&
Susanne
Marguerite
Bourlier

The year eighteen hundred and fifty-seven, the nineteenth of September, at eleven am, in the Public Meeting Room of the Town Hall, before us, Charles Samuel Sahler, Mayor & Registrar of the town of Montbéliard, appeared Mr Pierre Joseph Schwartztrub, unskilled roadworker, forty-nine years old, dwelling in Montbéliard, born in the afore-mentioned  place on the first of August eighteen hundred and eight, second marriage of the widower of Marguerite Larmé, who whilst living was unemployed and living in Montbéliard, where she died on the eighteenth of February eighteen hundred and fifty-seven, of age son of the deceased Georges Schwartztrub, who when living was a labourer & Jeanne Beucler, his wife, who when living was unemployed, both living in the afore-mentioned Montbéliard, where they died, namely, the father on the twenty-sixth of April eighteen hundred and twenty-four, & the mother on the twenty-second of May in the same year,   the paternal and maternal grandparents also deceased, on the one hand; And Miss Susanne Marguerite Bourlier, farmer, twenty-seven years old, dwelling in Beutal (Doubs), born in the afore-mentioned place on the twenty-sixth of April eighteen hundred and thirty, of age daughter of the late Jacques Bourlier, who whilst living was a farmer, living in Beutal, where he died on the thirtieth of April eighteen hundred and thirty-seven, and of Susanne Larmée, his wife, farmer sixty-two years old, living in the afore-mentioned Beutal, present and giving her consent, on the other hand, The birth certificates of the husband and the death certificates of his father and mother and of his second wife, were recognised as being in due form in the Registers of the town of Montbéliard. The wife duly produced her authenticated birth certificate, her father’s death certificate and a copy of the Wedding Banns displayed in Beutal, the said papers will remain attached to one of the original drafts of the here present certificate after having been initialled as wished for in Article forty-four of the Napoléon Code. The afore-said parties required us to proceed to the celebration of the proposed marriage between them & for which the Banns were posted on Sunday, the sixth and thirteenth of the current month of September at the main door of the Town Hall, and at Beutal, at the usual place. No objections being made known, nor to the Registrar of the Commune of Beutal, according to the statement that he gave, complying to their request, after having read all the papers and chapter six of the title of the Napoléon Code entitled About Marriage, having questioned the future husband, in accordance with the provisions of Council of State opinion of the fourth Thermidor Year Thirteen*, he stated on oath that the place of death and last dwelling place of his grandfathers and grandmothers were not known to him and after having asked the same questions of the witnesses named hereafter and affirmed on oath that they knew the husband to be, but did not know the place of death of the aforesaid ascendants and their last dwelling place, we asked the husband to be and the wife to be if they wished to take one another as husband and wife. Each of them having replied separately and in the affirmative, we declare in the name of the law that Mr Pierre Joseph Schwartztrub & Miss Susanne Marguerite Bourlier are united in marriage. From which we drew up the present certificate in the presence of Messrs Charles Duperret, workman#, fifty-five years old; Charles Frédèric Reéss, joiner, fifty-three years old; David Auguste Curray, marshall§, thirty-six years old, & Emile Parrot, farmer, thirty-three years old, the four friends of the husband and dwelling in Montbéliard. Just, to confirm the order of the law of the tenth of July eighteen hundred and fifty, we questioned the spouses, as well as the ascendant present at this certificate, that it had been made a marriage contract. The aforesaid spouses and the ascendant present stated had in effect a contract had been passed on the third of September eighteen hundred fifty-seven and that this certificate  had been received by Maître Polycarpe Bassynot, notary at the Montbéliard Residence, as well as the certificate delivered by the aforesaid notary and which will attached to the here present draft marriage certificate. And the four witnesses signed with us, the spouses and the mother of the bride after having the it read to them.

*23 July 1805

#sur ressorts = on springs? Is there another more plausible meaning?

§ or could be an abbreviation of blacksmith?
Clarkson, Tolladay, Prevost, Killick, Hicks

Offline callbrian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, as I said there is no great hurry.
It’s more like War and Peace….were they all this verbose?
Regards
Brian

Offline Andrew Tarr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wanted: Charles Percy Liversidge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 24 November 21 18:05 GMT (UK) »
This will reveal that the language to be translated is French, something it would have been useful to mention up front.
One doesn't need to be a great sleuth to expect French, as Montbeliard is in France (or is it French Switzerland?)  ;D
Tarr, Tydeman, Liversidge, Bartlett, Young