Author Topic: Thomas TODMAN and Martha BURRELL - married 1800 Chichester, Sussex  (Read 374 times)

Offline ellenmaggie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas TODMAN and Martha BURRELL - married 1800 Chichester, Sussex
« on: Tuesday 30 November 21 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Can anyone help?   We have come to a brick wall with Thomas and Martha Burrell.   We have found their marriage record - 17 Feb 1800 at St Peter the Less, Chichester.  We know they had a daughter Ann Todman baptised 19th Dec 1800 at St Peter the Less, Chichester, but we know no more.   Has anyone else found any more information?

Many thanks

Maggie

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas TODMAN and Martha BURRELL - married 1800 Chichester, Sussex
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 November 21 17:46 GMT (UK) »
I do not see any more baptisms in the County but there is this marriage on freereg.

Ann TODMAN to John STAMP Marriage   15 Sep 1823   Sussex   Chichester : St Peter the Less : Parish Register

There are also two burials but the age is a worry. Is the transcript correct I wonder?

Or maybe they married late, no indication of status on freereg marriage.
Thomas 55 Martha 38

In one of the parsonage houses
Thomas TODMAN   Burial age 73   07 Jun 1818   Sussex   Chichester : St Peter the Less : Parish Register

Martha TODMAN   Burial age 74   30 Jul 1836   Sussex   Chichester : St Peter the Great : Parish Register

However I think this is more likely for Thomas.

Phebe SMITH to Thomas TODMAN   Marriage   03 Apr 1774   Sussex   Petworth : St Mary : Parish Register - Licence from the Bishop of Chichester

They had three children in Chichester Henry 1776, Richard 1782 & Ann 1785

The problem with this is that Phoebe Todman was buried Chichester 23 June 1829, her birth recorded as 1742, which ties in with Thomas above.

Unfortunately I cannot find any other burial for Thomas, others may have more success?

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.