Author Topic: DNA Test with Gedmatch kit numbers  (Read 930 times)

Offline Jackie024

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DNA Test with Gedmatch kit numbers
« on: Wednesday 01 December 21 00:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Greetings , my name is Jacqueline Belford ( Houston married name ).  My Great great great grandfather was William Leopold Belford, from County Longford.  His wife was Jane Anne Moore, from Cartons.  They married in 1851 , both fathers where William ( Belford and Moore )  I am looking for any relation that has possibly taken tests, and has Gedmatch numbers.  WT5477925 is my number I hope that this post is allowed, and I get others to post.  Thank you   Jackie

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: DNA Test with Gedmatch kit numbers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 21 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I see the marriage in Longford of GEORGE Belford and Jane Moore from Cartons on 12 April 1851, with both fathers named William.  Is this the couple you are referring to? 

See

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1851/09412/5410040.pdf

Regards

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 December 21 18:44 GMT (UK) »
When then the above George Belford married in 1851 his occupation was stated to be 'Pensioner' and one of the Witnesses was James Belford.

Twenty years later on 2 July 1871, a George Belford, a married Pensioner died in Longford and again James Belford is named as Informant.   See

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1871/020764/7284224.pdf

Regards

Offline Jackie024

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 December 21 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Those would be the great great grandparents.  Are you any relation to them?

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 December 21 00:44 GMT (UK) »
I may have misunderstood your question, but …..

to find relatives, or matches, distant or otherwise, wouldn’t you be presented with these in your DNA results with whichever company you tested with?

Wouldn’t you then contact those people to try to work out how you connect, if you don’t already know?

Could you also suggest that they download their raw data from their testing company to gedmatch?

If any relatives are already on Gedmatch, can’t you see who you match with? I don’t really use Gedmatch much so am not too familiar with it, but I thought it was a site where people who have tested with any dna company can put their data and find matches?

In addition, depending on which company you tested with, you can also upload your raw data to other companies in the hope of getting more matches that way. There is a fee to unlock all the features of the sites though.

OR.

Are you looking to expand your paper trail with information such as that supplied by LH?

Offline Jackie024

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 December 21 00:50 GMT (UK) »
I have done the Gedmatch , and uploaded ancestry data to other sites.  I am trying to get the Moore line going, I have nothing on that side of the tree.  Sometimes, you match or you don't .  I have first cousin, grew up with him, and daughter matches with him, my son does not.  I am trying to find a match with a Moore, and go from there.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 December 21 00:59 GMT (UK) »
I see, so you are looking for a paper trail for your Moore line?

Research in Ireland is not easy as you probably have discovered. How far back have you got with this family so far? Can you tell us what you already know?

If the trail stays in Ireland, this thread might be better moved to the Irish board.  :)

Offline Jackie024

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 December 21 01:12 GMT (UK) »
See above that is all I know.  Jackie

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 13 December 21 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just seen your question now - asking am I related to them.  No I'm not.

At her 1851 marriage, Jane's father was named as William Moore, Parish Clerk.  Do you know when he died, or had any other children, apart from Jane? 

Regards