Author Topic: Elizabeth Lewes Davies  (Read 953 times)

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Lewes Davies
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 December 21 15:25 GMT (UK) »
The family were from Madeley which covers a good area but that is all I have to go on

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 December 21 15:29 GMT (UK) »
I cannot see a Marriage for Richard & Joan or a baptism for Edward on the Shropshire indexes, where did you locate the information.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 December 21 13:10 GMT (UK) »
it was on an ancestry link but as i no longer subscribe i cannot access i have most of the parish records so will start again and see where i get to..many thanks

Offline stormwolf

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 March 24 12:31 GMT (UK) »
I have a Elizabeth Lewes Davies born Dec 1630 in Shrewsbury, marries Edward Boden 11/06/1660 in Madeley and dies Oct 1727 possibly in Madeley, her father as far as I can see is a Lewys Davies born 1604 and dies 1675, any ideas for the location of his birth and death also cannot find who he married only clue I have is 'Hannah' any help appreciated.
Many thanks

I know this is an old post, it came up when I was searching for a name.  I believe Elizabeth Lewes Davies is my 10th Great Grandmother (on my dad's side).  I have her birth/death dates as Dec 1630 (Shrewsbury) and Oct 1927 Madeley, Shropshire. Husband Edward Bowden (1648-1713).  Her father, Lewys Davis (BIRTH ABT 1605 • Tai-yn-y-Foel, Cerrigydrudion, Denbighshire, Wales and DEATH FEB 1674 • Wrexham, Denbighshire, Wales - his wife might be Alice verch John Cadwalader (No birth/death dates).

Going back even further I get Lewys Davis parents as: Morus Ap Lewys (Alias Morus Anwyl)
1585–1648
BIRTH 1585 • Nanmor, Beddgelert, Caernarvonshire, Wales
DEATH 29 JAN 1648 • Parc, Llanfrothen, Merioneth

and

Elizabeth vch Morris Ab Ieuan
1530–1613
BIRTH 1530 • Capel y Ferach, Aberdaron, Caernarvonshire, Gwynedd, Wales, United Kingdom
DEATH 1613

and before that I get:

Lewis Anwyl Ap Robert (1535–1605) -  as Morus Ap Lewys (Alias Morus Anwyl)'s
1585–1648 dad who is Part of the Anwyl's of Parc and Tywyn Family (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwyl_of_Tywyn_family) and my 13th great grandfather.

Reading up on this, I think the Anwyls are descendants of Owain Gwynedd, King of Gwynedd from 1137 to 1170.

Most of this is from the ancestry website, but I grew up with my nan (my dad's mom) and I remember her telling me stories of her Welsh ancestors.  She also told me about Thomas Boden Master Collier of Madeley (1663–1749) being a distant relative, who is Elizabeth Lewes Davies son So I'm pretty certain i'm on the right lines with this.

Hope this helps a little bit.