Author Topic: Mary Harrison born 1857 Bothamsall  (Read 387 times)

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Mary Harrison born 1857 Bothamsall
« on: Tuesday 07 December 21 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
Im looking for the above Mary Harrison and having no look. She was born in 1857 in Bothamsall Notts, registered in East Retford and her mmn was Whittington. I have Mary aged 4 on the 1861 census living with her parents  John and Elizabeth Harrison in Elkesley Notts, after that she dissapears.
Mary had an illigitimate child in 1876 called John William Harrison, she had him in Gainsborough Lincolnshire and her address at the time was given as Carters Row, Beaumont Street, Gainsborough. No indication of any father on the certificate. On the 1881 census, John William aged 5 was living with his  mothers sister, Annie Johnson and her husband Peter Johnson on Carters Row, which was next to Beaumont Street in Gainsborough.
I have no idea what happened to Mary after the birth of her child, she isnt with her parents as her mother Elizabeth had died in 1865, and her father had remarried to a Jane Crooks also in 1865 in Elkesley.
So i am hoping you lovely lot could have a look for me and see if you can locate her.
Thanks in advance xx

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Harrison born 1857 Bothamsall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 December 21 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked possible marriages for her?  She could be under a new surname in 1881. 

Or this marriage in Gainsborough Sep 1882

Mary Harrison
Charles Stamp

I would start with marriages in the area she was living first to see which you can rule out.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 December 21 22:08 GMT (UK) »
There's also a Mary who died in 1878 age 23 Gainsborough to check out. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline worth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 December 21 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Millipede and thanks for your help, ive just found the Mary Harrison marriage to Charles Stamp on freereg and it says her father is Thomas Harrison, my Mary Harrisons father was called John Harrison, so sadly that isnt her. Ill take a look at the death you found though x