Author Topic: Looking for parents for George Oldfield b 1869 Withington Lancashire .  (Read 1567 times)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents for George Oldfield b 1869 Withington Lancashire .
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 December 21 08:17 GMT (UK) »
Sorry that my post was rather long winded.   I agree that John Oldfield married sisters Sarah first then Ann.   Ann is working as a servant in the 1861 census

It is possible that John and Ann died pre 1881 and I can't trace Charlotte Malone post 1871 either sadly.   I am still puzzling who the sponser George Oldfield might be

I think might be John's first marriage from Lanc Parish Clerks online

Marriage: 9 Dec 1838 St Mary the Virgin, Prestwich, Lancashire, England
John Oldfield - (X), full age, Blacksmith, Bachelor, Whitefield
Betsy Foster - (X), full age, Spinster, Whitefield
Groom's Father: Matthew Oldfield, Stonemason
Bride's Father: William Foster, Weaver
Witness: Alice Hulme, (X); John Scragg

And the only child I can see at the moment is
OLDFIELD, JOHN        FOSTER     
GRO Ref: 1842  S Quarter THE SALFORD UNION  Volume 20  Page 790

At the moment can't see John Snr in 1841 or 1851

Kay

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents for George Oldfield/Malone 10/7/1869hington Lancashire .
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 April 22 23:44 BST (UK) »
Hi ,I am going to spend the day looking at DNA results looking at the male line but at this stage have had no hits .I am wondering if the boy George Oldfield born July 1869 who is in the Chorlton Workhouse aged 11 in the 1881 census is the SAME CHILD as George Malone born in the same workhouse on the 10 July 1869..he wss marked illergetomate son of Charlotte Malone.in other threads you can see thd possibilities but I have got no further. Having looked at BMD it is possible that the grandparents Oldfield caring for George Malone in 1871 census died before 1881.
From research I now think George Oldfield ..child...was sponsored into thd workhouse by George Oldfield ...UNCLE. any hints to what happened  to these boys will help .I know George Oldfield born 1869 married Emma Crossland . Do others think George Oldfield and George Malone are same boy ? I will update my thread if I find more . Fred
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Still Re: Looking for parents for George Oldfield b 1869 Withington Lancashire .
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 July 22 06:17 BST (UK) »
Hi , I am still trying to find and confirm the birth of George Oldfield in Lancashire 10 th July 1869 per the 1939 register. Can any one find him in the 1871 census . I can not . Thanks for any help . Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for parents for George Oldfield b 1869 Withington Lancashire .
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 30 April 24 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi , just letting you know we are still searching for the George Malone / George Oldfield mystery .
We are now definitely thinking they are one and the same and that Charlotte Malone mother of George Malone 10 July 1869 is the mother of same child different name ,George Oldfield same birthdate .
We are thinking now that Charlotte is the niece of the Oldfield wives sisters Sarah and Ann married to George Malone grandfather John Oldfield re 1861 census
. And George Malone noted as grandson may  in fact be the great nephew

.my friend who George Oldfield ( Malone ) is his grandfather has done DNA and we are struggling to connect to generations on the paternal line … after about three generations the DNA flips over to the maternal family with no distinct connection to any paternal names .
 I am wondering if this means cousins have married ?
The  maternal family George Oldfield Malone married into ( Stancliffe ) family all come from Yorkshire and 
with the Charlotte  Malone and Leah  families coming from Lyme Cheshire
 so one would think there wasn't too much inter family marriage ?
My friend has a very full tree with the Stancliffe family .
So it’s just connecting George Oldfield 10-7-1869 as his grandfather was known to the child George Malone also 10-7-1869 .
 So very complicated . Any help ….. thanks folks who have helped in previous posts below .