Author Topic: Negative back to positive  (Read 1002 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Negative back to positive
« on: Wednesday 22 December 21 11:31 GMT (UK) »
I've got a copy of parish church register marriage from our local library off a micro fiche but its in negative black background and  its been that long since I did a reverse to positive white background I've forgot how to reverse the image.

any advice welcome.

Thanks.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Negative back to positive
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 11:45 GMT (UK) »
Depends what software you have/what platform you’re on.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ray

I'm using windows 10

I remembered windows 7 "Select all" or bit of image to invert in picture edit and right click mouse then click invert and it works on windows 10
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Quick result...post it on the photo restoration board  ;)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ray

I'm using windows 10

I remembered windows 7 "Select all" or bit of image to invert in picture edit and right click mouse then click invert and it works on windows 10

Looks like you’ve found the answer. Unfortunately, I know less about Windows than I do about rocket science but “invert” is exactly what you’d use in Photoshop or many similar applications.

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Would irfanview sort it?
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Would irfanview sort it?

Its possible Brian that ifran view may invert images

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ray

I'm using windows 10

Looks like you’ve found the answer. Unfortunately, I know less about Windows than I do about rocket science but “invert” is exactly what you’d use in Photoshop or many similar applications.

With windows 10 paint or edit images or when you bring a photo up or image up from an album, it has a top menu which increases/dcrease size or zoom - edit (Separate to paint edit) that has filters or adjusments like clarity, light, color and vignette also red eye and spot fix. They are good tools for old black and white paper - ie; Parish records especially the filters to see the best filter to get best readable image with clarity tool without touching authenticity of words and numbers in the record also gravestone inscriptions or epitaphs

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Quick result...post it on the photo restoration board  ;)
Carol
Carol-Hi
I did think about photo restore board but this is basic picture/image tools and my memory but I'm not noway in photo restorers league. (In short - I would not have a clue!!!  what they were on about). 

I managed with trial and error

tar everybody :)

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=856440.msg7251214#msg7251214