Author Topic: Which DNA results site?  (Read 665 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Which DNA results site?
« on: Friday 24 December 21 12:40 GMT (UK) »
There is a DNA site where you can upload your DNA results to compare to others but I can not recall its name.

It is not Ancestry, MyHeritage, Living DNA, 23andMe, or FamilyTreeDNA.

Does anyone know what the site is called please?
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Which DNA results site?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 December 21 12:43 GMT (UK) »
GEDmatch?

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 December 21 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the reply.

No its not Gedmatch
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 December 21 12:52 GMT (UK) »

Are you thinking of:

https://en.geneanet.org/dna/

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 December 21 12:55 GMT (UK) »

Are you thinking of:

https://en.geneanet.org/dna/

Romilly.

Thanks but that is not it.

(I have used the site I am thinking of before I just can not recall its name so am having to search lots of them)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 24 December 21 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Found it!

The site I was after is www.dnapainter.com