Author Topic: Ancestry Sources  (Read 473 times)

Offline PrawnCocktail

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Ancestry Sources
« on: Saturday 25 December 21 21:17 GMT (UK) »
I have been adding sources to my One-Place Study tree, which I uploaded to Ancestry following the debacle at Rootsweb.

Today I went to add something to my tree, and went to find the appropriate source - only to find the list finished at S. As I was looking for Towcester Burial Register, this was not helpful.

So I cleared cache and cookies, tried again, then tried on my iPad. Always the same result. Reported it to Ancestry. Then I added another record to someone else on the tree, and the list of sources promptly lost another off the end. 

My own, much smaller, tree, has no such problem. I am wondering if there may be a limit to the number of sources we are allowed?

Some of the Ancestry sources seem to add a new source to the list of sources every time you attach a record - the Civil Registration, stuff that came from the IGI. Try under "England and Wales, Civil Registration" on your own source list. Or any major county.

Has anyone else with a very large tree met this? Is there any way to delete some of these duplicated entries on the source list?

What one earth can I do?
Website: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~towcesterfamilies/genealogy/
Towcester - anything, any time
Cheshire - Lambert, Houghland, Birtwisle
Liverpool - Platt, Cunningham, Ditton
London - Notley, Elsom, Billett
Oxfordshire - Hitchcock, Smith, Leonard, Taunt
Durham - Hepburn, Eltringham
Berwickshire - Guthrie, Crawford
Somerset - Taylor (Bath)
Gloucestershire - Verrinder, Colborn
Dorset - Westlake