Author Topic: help find missing child North Shields  (Read 6050 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: help find missing child North Shields
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 20:14 GMT (UK) »
you state he had a son George H who is now deceased, where and when was he born please
I can see it now, he was just plain George , thank you

I assumed without checking they had the son George in 1934 Bracknell Northamptonshire because I saw it on my family. History site…  but the mother’s maiden name is wrong.  ??? ???

The newspaper article of 1946, mentioned earlier, names the eldest son as George age 12
Reg Tynemouth 1933
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Deceased online,
Miriam Beatrice Johnson
died 15th Feb 2002
burial 21st Feb
Northamptonshire, pay to view
George Johnson,
birth date 30th June 1933
death 5th March 2022
Kettering

Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Thursday 21 December 23 14:32 GMT (UK) »
I now have the marriage certificate, Christian Micheal Johnson a bachelor  married Dorothy Irene Austin a spinster at the register office, Banbury, October 1931, his father Andrew Peter Johnson (deceased) a general labourer  her father Henry Austin a farm labourer. Therefore the tale of marital discord in the local press checks out as my relatives.
Johnson, Coleman, Graham, Dixon, Thewlis

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Saturday 09 March 24 14:34 GMT (UK) »
I had managed to find a source for the newspaper story, which features in the Banbury  advertiser as well as the Banbury Guardian. It looks like Dorothy and Christian Micheal had been living apart at the time of the incident so I am guessing that she and the children did not emigrate with him.
I tracked down a marriage certificate for George and Miriam (1955,  Northampton, England) and George’s father is listed as Micheal Christian Johnson.
So now I maybe need to look at the Australian records for Micheal Johnson I would like to find a death record for him and see if there are any other records.
Johnson, Coleman, Graham, Dixon, Thewlis