Author Topic: help find missing child North Shields  (Read 6457 times)

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: help find missing child North Shields
« Reply #108 on: Monday 18 December 23 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Christian also sailed to Canada in 1929 giving his mothers name as Margaret and address of 29 North Street North Shields , hes a labourer at this point

I checked this and the address and mothers name is correct. It’s definitely my relative.
Johnson, Coleman, Graham, Dixon, Thewlis

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Monday 18 December 23 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Johnson Michael Christian born 3rd June 1936, Maureen nee Tye born 3rd March 1937, their son I won't name born 28th April 1963 , travelled per Australis  departing Southampton on the 4th April 1967 under the assisted passage migration scheme ,  record National archives of Australia , his migration records are very detailed sadly it doesn't name his parents only his work history and medical checks,
So Christian Micheal had a son also named Christian Michael and that  son also emigrated?
Regarding the “bit of bother” in Banbury, i was able to find a reference to it via a family history site but it wouldn’t let me see the full article.
Do you think Dorothy emigrated too?

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 09:42 GMT (UK) »
actually I don't have a clue if Dorothy went to Australia,
I think her death  is in Northampton , burial 10th March 1975, Deceased online record

Free BMD , Dorothy Irene Johnson, birth date 28th November 1912, death recorded March 1975 Kettering,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 11:09 GMT (UK) »
There's an outgoing passenger list on FindMyPast that looks possible to be your Christian  but he's going to Wellington, New Zealand
 06 August 1953 aboard the "Rangitata" last address was in North Shields.
Family Search 'say' they have an index of these passenger list (courtesy of FindMyPast) but they seem to have missed this record - though I can see others on the page indexed on FS

Your library may have access if you don;t have a sub

The arrivals list with his entry can be seen on Family Search
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KLBV-5YD

Boo

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 11:43 GMT (UK) »
you state he had a son George H who is now deceased, where and when was he born please
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 12:36 GMT (UK) »
I noticed on the 1939 for Christian(4/9/1905) and Dorothy(29/11/1912), Christians name has been crossed out ,
two blanked out entries also on their entry,

Christian a Shipwright in HM Ship yard,
address Hawthorn Road Rochester Kent

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 14:19 GMT (UK) »
I noticed on the 1939 for Christian(4/9/1905) and Dorothy(29/11/1912), Christians name has been crossed out ,
two blanked out entries also on their entry,

Christian a Shipwright in HM Ship yard,
address Hawthorn Road Rochester Kent

I have seen this.
Thank you.

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 14:23 GMT (UK) »
you state he had a son George H who is now deceased, where and when was he born please

I assumed without checking they had the son George in 1934 Bracknell Northamptonshire because I saw it on my family. History site…  but the mother’s maiden name is wrong.  ??? ???

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday 19 December 23 19:55 GMT (UK) »

I assumed without checking they had the son George in 1934 Bracknell Northamptonshire because I saw it on my family. History site…  but the mother’s maiden name is wrong.  ??? ???

The newspaper article of 1946, mentioned earlier, names the eldest son as George age 12
Reg Tynemouth 1933