Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 9th JANUARY 2022  (Read 6338 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 9th JANUARY 2022
« Reply #90 on: Sunday 09 January 22 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I thought going online with a collection code would be easier, but yesterday the one chemists I could not get through to on the phone on Friday were closed ,the other does no answer the phone at all.
I will try tomorrow ,but must wait in for a call as my boiler is being naughty and I have a service contract ,so don’t want to miss that.
I am assuming the address to obtain them from is :-

UK Responsible Person .
Medimap Ltd.
2, The Drift ,
Thurston .
Suffolk .
IP31 3RT.
U.K.

I will try that address.
Many thanks for your help, I did not know they were available that way.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Sunday 09 January 22 19:43 GMT (UK) »
No, don't use that Viktoria, use this link to the government website:

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

You can use it at any time of the day or night, if you don't have any success at first just try again at another time. They arrive quite quickly and the postie will put them through your letterbox. Good luck. 🙂
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sunday 09 January 22 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Roobarb.
My son just on the phone said part of the shortage of tests is due to the staff at the distribution centre getting five days holiday over Christmas.!
Also where they are in Berkshire ,been warned 40 days delay with post ! Due to staff illness etc.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Sunday 09 January 22 20:08 GMT (UK) »
I think it is as he says, a distribution problem rather than a shortage of tests. They're tracked through the Royal Mail so I suppose it also depends how many they can take on. I hope you manage to get some before 40 days!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Sunday 09 January 22 22:38 GMT (UK) »
RTL, your mention of potato peel recipes reminded me of this film:  :)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289403/

Recommended.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Sunday 09 January 22 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Just noticed the case of the young Cheshire girl Louise Woodward, who went as Nanny to The US.is on T.V tomorrow night.
She was accused of shaking the baby she was looking after.I distinctly remember at the time being puzzled that a baby of the age that one was, was not yet sitting up.
Louise was ,as far as I remember not NNEB ( National Nursery Education Board,) the qualification  the posh Norland Nannies have and we in the North  have Princess Christian College with the same qualification.
It was “ floppy “ ,a sign something was wrong ,muscle tone etc.
She would not know the milestones and would probably not realise  that  baby was very slow in that part of development .
It is a while back -25 years
The film footage as far as I remember puzzled Nannies here .

I felt very sorry for her and also felt the baby’s parents were hiding things.
Will be interested to watch it
She came from Eaton in Cheshire ,a village we passed through on our way to Shropshire.
There were banners hung up in support of her .

Viktoria.

I did not watch this latest TV production but did follow the progress of the case as it happened several years ago.

After the nanny came back to Britain, there was a TV programme where a group of experienced British medical professionals examined all the evidence that was produced in the American Court.

Their verdict was that the nanny was not guilty of anything.

What was suspicious was that the parents had the child cremated as soon as the coroner released his body.

It's noticeable in some court cases that even though the defence team produces several experts in their fields,  the jury often only believe the prosecution who only produce one professional.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Monday 10 January 22 08:27 GMT (UK) »
Part of the issue is the defence can put up anyone as an expert withness.  In the UK at least there are no rules re minimum qualifications to go to court as an expert  witness.  For example, one of the current court issues I am dealing with is that my ex is trying to get the court to declare on my daughter's medical capacity.  His 'expert' witness testify that she has no capacity does not have to be a registered psychologist or psychiatrist.  They don't even have to meet her to do an assessment.  They are making their 'assessment' based on one line in 7 year old medical notes. Technically any one of us could set ourselves up as expert witnesses and it wouldn't be illegal, maybe we wouldn't be good at it mind you.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Monday 10 January 22 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering if perhaps something had been done ,even accidentally  ,not by the nanny ,and the parents did not report it ,so the relatively light shake
she admitted to was a very  handy thing to have happened when the baby ‘s condition deteriorated and needed immediate attention.
There was a clot ,not sure how long that would take to form.
Well we will see.
I wonder about the older child.
Whatever happened it was a real tragedy .
Viktoria.