Author Topic: Does anyone (living) have a great grandparent born in the 18th century?  (Read 4014 times)

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Does anyone (living) have a great grandparent born in the 18th century?
« on: Sunday 09 January 22 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Just curious, my mother has a great grandfather born in 1813, and I realized that might be a record in  my entire family tree, or the family trees of anyone I know of, even older relatives, living. Made possible by her father, grandfather and great grandfather all having children in their mid 40s. Can anyone beat it..or a grandparent, surely not :o?!!!

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone (living) have a great grandparent born in the 18th century?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 January 22 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Just curious, my mother has a great grandfather born in 1813, and I realized that might be a record in  my entire family tree, or the family trees of anyone I know of, even older relatives, living. Made possible by her father, grandfather and great grandfather all having children in their mid 40s. Can anyone beat it..or a grandparent, surely not :o?!!!

18th century - that's the 1700s.

I am living,  and all four of my grandparents were born in the 1800s, and are, of course, deceased.  All died in the 1900s in New South Wales.   So their parents would be my great grandparents.  Yes, all eight of my great grandparents were born in NSW in the 1800s.

My older brother was born in NSW in the 1930s and his youngest son was born in NSW in the first decade of this millenium.  :) 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 January 22 23:05 GMT (UK) »
My husband’s great grandfather was born in 1825

His father’s great grandfather was born 1783
One step further his 2x great-grandfather was born about 1721

They were all older fathers except my husband who is very much alive. 😆
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 January 22 23:09 GMT (UK) »
  2 of my great grandfathers were born in 1836 and 1838. My mother only died in 2008, and she had great grandparents born in the 1790s.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 January 22 23:10 GMT (UK) »

18th century - that's the 1700s.

I am living,  and all four of my grandparents were born in the 1800s, and are, of course, deceased.  All died in the 1900s in New South Wales.   So their parents would be my great grandparents.  Yes, all eight of my great grandparents were born in NSW in the 1800s.

My older brother was born in NSW in the 1930s and his youngest son was born in NSW in the first decade of this millenium.  :) 

JM
Oh yes I know 1700s is 18th century, I just wondered if it is possible anyone does have one born then, I think it is just about possible but would require two very old fathers in their 60s and another in their 30s or 40s, or maybe someone in their 100s + now with older than average forebears. Do any of your great grandparents beat my Mum's great grandfather's 1813 birthdate :)?

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 January 22 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi my dad's grandfather was born in 1839 and his great grandad in 1809.  My great grandad was 51 when grandad was born and grandad was 49 when my auntie was born in 1939 so two generations in 100 years!
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 January 22 23:25 GMT (UK) »
 :)   Yes, 1811 but that date is relying on NSW C of E church records and a family Bible entry only.  His Dad was 1765.  If only he had been a convict  there would be more detailed official records.

ADD I am replying to our OPs question of me
..... Do any of your great grandparents beat my Mum's great grandfather's 1813 birthdate :)?

and that's what GRAND is really about isn't it  ;D
Hi my dad's grandfather was born in 1839 and his great grandad in 1809.  My great grandad was 51 when grandad was born and grandad was 49 when my auntie was born in 1939 so two generations in 100 years!

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 January 22 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Yes, two great grandparents born in the 1700s

My father was born 1886, his parents
My paternal grandfather was born in 1836, his parents in 1803 and 1794.
My paternal grandmother was born in 1845, her parents in 1798 and 1810.

Both my father and I were from second marriages so I was born over a hundred years after my grandfather.  My mother was twenty years younger than my father, so my great grandparents on the maternal side were not born until the mid 1850s,  more than fifty years after my paternal great grandparents.

I should add that I am very much alive and a long way from my centenary, as are all my class mates from my school days.  ;D
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 10 January 22 00:21 GMT (UK) »
As I understand it, the American President John Tyler born 1790 still has a grandson living.  :)