Author Topic: Clare Family  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Koroforo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clare Family
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 17 September 23 13:05 BST (UK) »
Lucy2 Wow! I must commend you on some VERY compelling finds, that with every new piece of information considered; have become even more compelling. I must admit I was so excited when I saw your first messages that I have started a deep dive on the Moss Jonas  / Clara Goldstein (née. Jonas) links and have found a wealth of information on them including this amazingly set out Family Card - Person sheet someone has made of Moss Jonas and the Goldstein (Vancuver and LA) connections:
https://kimsimmonds.net/ps04/ps04_378.html
I would like to do DNA tests (I use Ancestry App, but unsure if I should do their DNA test) potentially with someone of the generation above so we can cross reference genetic links and 100% confirm the Gertrude Ruth McDonald-Jonas-Goldstein links but WOW.... I can't even describe my excitement by these amazing finds. THANK YOU! I will definitely check out familysearch as well.  :o

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 19 September 23 05:26 BST (UK) »
for Koroforo

Unfortunately it appears that you have not seen the * * *  red alert messages added to the posts I made regarding the Moss JONAS family.    ???

I am not able to erase those postings, so the next best thing was to add the alerts directing back to
Reply # 36 (- the alerts were in place well ahead of your reply).   
At # 36, I have given an outline of why I eventually came to the conclusion that this particular Moss JONAS family, is now unlikely to relate to Gertrude Ruth JONAS.

The best next move, I suggest, would be for you to purchase a "printout"  * copy of the birth record 
>   1899 / 19376 - JONAS - Gertrude Ruth -  Mother:  Clara      Father:  N/R
[ * A "printout" (rather than certificate) is our recommendation - it contains the maximum amount of information available. ]    

It's important to know the age of the mother (in 1899) as well as her place of birth, so that she (and her wider family) can be identified correctly.

I do have quite a lot of information for the other (NZ) Clara JONAS, so happy to pass that on to you, should she prove to be the one.

~    Lu

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 19 September 23 20:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lu.

Of course my posts subsequent to finding the Canada marriage should have the same warning. 

I also raised the idea that the age of the NZ Clara found vis a vis the later entries from Lu showed a very young Clara (14-15 years giving birth). A person born 1872, if that turns out to be correct, is much more of a likely age (though nothing is impossible)

If the Jonas/Ryder connection turns out to be correct then I am wondering if there are connections to Northern HB where both names were known, (at least to my late mother)

Offline Koroforo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 20 September 23 04:12 BST (UK) »
Ah well, the mystery continues! Thank you for all the searching. And perhaps the birth Certificate will yeild something. Though as I said in my first post my grandmother was sure it was an adoption from within the family so perhaps even the birth certificate name could be a coincidence, but it's definitely worth looking into further. Thanks again