Author Topic: Marriage, Baptism records and military info  (Read 485 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage, Baptism records and military info
« on: Monday 10 January 22 14:32 GMT (UK) »
I am finding it hard to find marriage, baptism and military records for both my great Uncle Sydney George Rogers and his wife. He was born 9 Sep 1921 in the Transvaal, either in Pretoria or Johannesburg. He died 15 Mar 1986 in Johannesburg. His wife was Iris Eileen McCormack born 17 Apr 1925 Transvaal and died 13 Mar 2004 Johannesburg. Sydney was in the South African air force (I think, tried to make out the badges. On his uniform lapel, left side, see photo example. The badge on the right side looks like an s with a think tail end and a ball on the top end. )during WWII and Iris was also in the military, all I can get from her uniform is that it was a dark colour, light shirt and medium colour tie. The photo is faded. Both have one strip on their shoulder tabs.
As for their marriage, I think they might of got married during the War . Have no idea where one looks for military wedding info?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage, Baptism records and military info
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 January 22 12:40 GMT (UK) »
I have sent you a message which may assist you. I also placed your post on a WW2 group for South Africans on FB. The admin of the group is very knowlegable about Airforce military history.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage, Baptism records and military info
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 January 22 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks pampoen.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey