Author Topic: Lookup Lambeth Palace Library - divorce NAIRN vs NAIRN in Court of Arches 1830  (Read 588 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Lambeth Palace Library - divorce NAIRN vs NAIRN in Court of Arches 1830
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 January 22 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi mckha
Yes, those caveat books are locked, sorry.

I had a quick look through for anything else (I remembered Morgan!) but didn't spot anything.
I was surprised to find anything to see at home, hopefully someone may find something useful!
Jon

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Lambeth Palace Library - divorce NAIRN vs NAIRN in Court of Arches 1830
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 January 22 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Thank you

Offline clontarf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 January 22 23:30 GMT (UK) »
In the old days of ordering microfilms to be sent out from Utah, this volume was not available - I never could find out why.  Also FS is not working on my computer at the moment.  Sadly an in-person visit to the library is impossible for me in the foreseeable future.

So still looking for someone to to scope the problem at the library.  Totally understand if people are reluctant to do so at this time.

Offline clontarf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 February 22 04:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks jonw65,

I managed to find a device to view the Nairn vs Nairn link on FS.  It looks as though a judge agreed to hear the case but I can't tell if there was a result.  I think I need the proceedings link which I can't seem to access.

Also this document does not mention the first names or grounds for the divorce application, so there must be some other document in the Court of Arches papers that contains this information for it to have got into the catalogue.

My transcript:
"Nairn against Nairn}
On which day [Wadeson] presented Letters of Request under the Hand and Seal of the Worshipful and Reverend Henry Plimley Clerk Master of [Rolls] Vicar General of the Right Revd Father in God Robert James by Divine permission Lord Bishop of Chichester and Official Principal of the Consistorial and Episcopal Court of Chichester bearing date the thirteenth day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty which the Judge has pleased to accept and to deine to [pr…..] [secunding] to the [Tena] therof – Deane at [pter] of Warden

On Saturday the twenty fourth day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty Before the Right Honourable Sir John Rickett Bought Doctor of Laws Official Principal of the Arches Court of Canterbury lawfully constituted in the Common Hall of Doctors Commons London
Present
Wm Townsend
Registrar"

So: Letters of request from [Mary Dixon] Nairn dated 13 Jul 1830 were presented a few days later, and a hearing of the Arches Court of Canterbury was held at Doctors Commons on 24 Jul 1830.