Author Topic: Word in Will of John Fagg Esq  (Read 195 times)

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
  • Living in a land down under
    • View Profile
Word in Will of John Fagg Esq
« on: Friday 14 January 22 23:00 GMT (UK) »
What is this word just before Johnathan Parker?

I John Fagg of Ramsgate in the Isle of Thanet in the Country of Kent Gentleman being sick and weak in body, but sound mind and memory, blessed be god I give and devise unto my Rel....? Jonathan Parker of the parish of St Peter the Apostle in the said Isle of Thanet and Country of Kent...

NORTON (Kent), KEECH (Dorset), MOOR / MOORE (Kent), HOCKING (Dorset / Somerset), LEVI (City of York), SANDWELL (Kent), CHAFFIN  (Dorset / Somerset), STRONG (Dorset)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Word in Will of John Fagg Esq
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 January 22 00:08 GMT (UK) »
It's probably Relation. Perhaps look on the following page, where there are several examples of occupation, to see if the shape of -ation there compares favourably with this, faded though it is?

I also think it's Jonathan Packer (not Parker).

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
  • Living in a land down under
    • View Profile
Re: Word in Will of John Fagg Esq
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 January 22 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Bookbox. 

Relation could be right. The faded letters fit the shape of ation. Also John Fagg didn't marry, and he survived his parents and one brother.

Yes that will be Packer instead of Parker. I'm still getting the 'c' confused with 'r' :)

Thanks again
NORTON (Kent), KEECH (Dorset), MOOR / MOORE (Kent), HOCKING (Dorset / Somerset), LEVI (City of York), SANDWELL (Kent), CHAFFIN  (Dorset / Somerset), STRONG (Dorset)