Author Topic: James Wilkinson b Belfast 1835-37 d Auckland 1912  (Read 4356 times)

Online Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Re: James Wilkinson b Belfast 1835-37 d Auckland 1912
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 20 February 22 00:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello.

Reseach into the subject of this thread is on hold due to COVID.
Shortly after I attended the successful booking at the Auckland branch of Archives NZ, the branch was closed to all public viewings. [full reason unknown to me, but they were installing a new system]
Like wise the Wellington Archive is temporarily closed to all public, due to the occuparion of Central Wellington, by protesters, and questions of safety. "spades" indicated to a thread that his confirmed booking, had been deferred, due to the above.
As of last night, when I last looked, only Christchurch and Dunedin branches we accepting expressions of interest, in making a viewing booking.
And finally, until such time as I get assistance to set up a REALME account, I do not even have online access to the National Archives data base, re files held. Have to prove that I have lived at my current address for over 70 years, on land my family have occupied for 115 years; go figure.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 20 February 22 07:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi NZfamily,

I think we now have another name change for you!

I hope you will not mind that I mention , in my experience, the changing of identity in the forum usually leads to high level confusion ??? and because of this, progress in your quests is delayed as helpers try to put together their past knowledge and information and the identity they now see.

However, having said that, you must take the advice of the moderators who work so hard in their own time to keep things going well for us all.

Perhaps they have already consulted with you on the "new you"!

Anyhow half your stuff is missing from the NZ board, so difficult to know where the McDonald/McCaull conversation is headed to now.

All the Best,
Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 20 February 22 07:18 GMT (UK) »
That is interesting,  NZ family is now also the originator of threads on the Australia board, one of  which cites R Wilks as the author ... particularly for his quest for Alexander McDonald.

Yes, agree with Sue,  all the best.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Online Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 20 February 22 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello  again.

My reply was pertaining to my research that was referenced in the previous post. I was part way through my offer to do research into the Wilkinson family, who were in Auckland and for a period both owned land, and leased land, handy to Partington's mill and Upper Pit Street. There were other Wilkinson's in the Auckland area at the same time, and I had promised to arrange for further lookup's both at Auckland and Wellington. The Australians interested in this material, also sent me oral history accounts about inventions, and surveyor's whom they were interested in, because of the oral histories. We were also able to prove that two Wilkinson family's that I was familiar with in the Waikato, were not related.

Alan.

Offline SandraJuanita

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 23 March 22 05:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard Wilkinson was my great grandfather.His son was Edgar Costello Wilkinson and his daughter(my mother)Wilma Enid Wilkinson.So interesting reading all your posts. I have been researching James Wilkinson for years. Thats it for now as the news is on TV
Sandy

Offline SandraJuanita

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 23 March 22 10:12 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather was Richard Wilkinson

Online Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 23 March 22 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to the New Zealand Board.

I have been doing lookups at the Auckland branch of archives NZ for Australian based descendants.
And plan on doing more, once the Omicrom wave has settled down a bit.

If you make an other post or two, I will be able to PM message you, with some information that we are not allowed to post on the open forum. I have found the early Auckland pioneers very interesting, and aim to find more land records involving this family.

Alan.

PS. PM contact has been made.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 24 March 22 20:17 GMT (UK) »
My mother Wilma Enid Wilkinson passed away in Australia 1984
message from Sandra
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk