Author Topic: James Wilkinson b Belfast 1835-37 d Auckland 1912  (Read 4329 times)

Offline NZfamily

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: James Wilkinson b Belfast 1835-37 d Auckland 1912
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 26 January 22 06:37 GMT (UK) »
QUOTE EDIT to ...

Have been digging in ancestry and familysearch and have had no luck finding a Mary Wilkinson. Are there any other avenues That Might be worth exploring, given her birth was approx 1859-64 (we presume) in Belfast. I tried looking at marriages in NZ ca 1880 but too many results with too little information.
[END/quote]

Hello.

I could not find many MARY WILKINSON marriages 1870 - 1900 in NZ BDM.

A quick look at singular MARY marriages gives four marriages. PapersPast, and National Archives search, in the same period, did not immediatly throw up a listing that caught my eye. Not helped when Henry WILLIAMS is a high profile name within NZ in that period, and one Mary was rather down on luck.  But could be worth having a further look over another cuppa.

Alan.

Thanks Alan

Offline NZfamily

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 26 January 22 12:14 GMT (UK) »

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 27 January 22 09:40 GMT (UK) »
THANKS for that link.  They have added new material since I was last on site doing Auckland research.
 Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 27 January 22 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Attached an example clip of the type of documentation available and photographed. This one was a pain due to a rusty pin. Not only was the corner folded back, but the pin extended through all the double lapped pages, Succeeding pages could not be lay-ed out, entirely flat, for photographing.

Readers are not allowed to extract attachments. Only in special circumstances, the conservator at the Archive may do it.

Alan.

Offline NZfamily

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 28 January 22 04:35 GMT (UK) »
QUOTE EDIT to ...

Have been digging in ancestry and familysearch and have had no luck finding a Mary Wilkinson. Are there any other avenues That Might be worth exploring, given her birth was approx 1859-64 (we presume) in Belfast. I tried looking at marriages in NZ ca 1880 but too many results with too little information.
[END/quote]

Hello.

I could not find many MARY WILKINSON marriages 1870 - 1900 in NZ BDM.

A quick look at singular MARY marriages gives four marriages. PapersPast, and National Archives search, in the same period, did not immediatly throw up a listing that caught my eye. Not helped when Henry WILLIAMS is a high profile name within NZ in that period, and one Mary was rather down on luck.  But could be worth having a further look over another cuppa.

Alan.

Regarding MARY WILKINSON, Just noticed on father James Wilkinson's death certificate (1912) that it only lists 3 male children as being alive, (ages 51, 47, 44 - no female children) upon his death. Therefore, is it safe to assume Mary had died by this stage? If she were living outside of NZ would it still be mandatory to list her here?

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 28 January 22 05:02 GMT (UK) »

Regarding MARY WILKINSON, Just noticed on father James Wilkinson's death certificate (1912) that it only lists 3 male children as being alive, (ages 51, 47, 44 - no female children) upon his death. Therefore, is it safe to assume Mary had died by this stage? If she were living outside of NZ would it still be mandatory to list her here?

Hi   ... not mandatory, and as with all other questions asked of the informant, details provided only to the best of the informant's knowledge.   

~  Lu

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 31 January 22 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello again.

For the record;
Photos of the below files have now been supplied to “W WILKS” the thread instigator.

Archives New Zealand file reference number R25069930
Discharged [Mortgage] Deed - “Mary Wilkinson of Auckland widow – Part lot 48 Subdivision Allotment 8 section 7 Suburbs of Auckland.”

AND
Compulsory Applications. Land transfer Act 1924.
Archives New Zealand file reference number R25501453 [Still to view R25501455 Allotment 5]

"Mary Wilkinson of Auckland – Part lot 48 Subdivision Allotment 8 section 7 Suburbs of Auckland.” 

This file also contained copies of will/probate for both:-
James WILKINSON and William WILKINSON, of that title description, and Auckland City Street address of, 11 Upper Pitt street. [Now called Mercury Lane].

Further Archives files re the original PARTINGTON block, and parts thereof, which for a period WILKINSON had an interest in, are still being researched, and processed. Covered in some detail by the TIMESPANNER web pages, on Auckland’s pioneering heritage.

Alan.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 19 February 22 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Photos of the below files have now been supplied to “W WILKS” the thread instigator.

Alan.

Well I think the thread instigator was "R WILKS" but it is hard to know because there is only a little dot where his identity once was on his posts.  ::)
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 19 February 22 23:27 GMT (UK) »

Alan.

Well I think the thread instigator was "R WILKS" but it is hard to know because there is only a little dot where his identity once was on his posts.  ::)
Sue

???  ???