Author Topic: Caroline Bennett 9th Oct 1879  (Read 238 times)

Offline Vixen999

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Caroline Bennett 9th Oct 1879
« on: Tuesday 18 January 22 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi All I recently made a post concerning Knight Gudger 1848, Caroline Bennett and Knight Bennett, trying to get help in working out if Knight Gudger was the father of Knight Bennett and all of Caroline Bennetts children despite the massive age difference.  With your help and with external confirmation from a Gudger relative, it is now confirmed that Knight Gudger was indeed the father.

However, this post concerns Caroline Bennett born 9th Oct 1879 according to the 1939 census in which she appears as Caroline Wilmer/willmer after marrying George W Willmer who was living next door to Caroline and Knight Gudger on the 1911 census when they were living in oldham at Havelock Street.  Having looked at the GRO I had made a link somehow that Carolines parents were William Bennett and Jane Cooper both born around 1842, both from Wolverhampton but I am now beginning to doubt myself.  On the 1911 census, Caroline says she was born Longton.  If Jane Cooper is the birth mother of Caroline, all of the other children she had with William were born wolverhampton.  Longton is also closer to Newcastle on Lyme and there is another possibility on the gro for parents but I cant see a link to Caroline.  Any help in working out whose parents Carolines were would be gratefully received.  Knight Bennett born Nov 1899, registered early 1900 was born oldham and was Carolines first born child.

Thanks

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Bennett 9th Oct 1879
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 January 22 17:53 GMT (UK) »
She was quite old when she married  :-\

Marriage Sep qtr 1927 
Bennett    Caroline   
Willmer    George W   
Oldham    8d   2232   

That should name her father

ADDED LancsBMD says Oldham Register Office or Registrar Attended so no hope of finding it online
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Vixen999

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Bennett 9th Oct 1879
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 January 22 18:27 GMT (UK) »
She was quite old when she married  :-\

Marriage Sep qtr 1927 
Bennett    Caroline   
Willmer    George W   
Oldham    8d   2232   

That should name her father

ADDED LancsBMD says Oldham Register Office or Registrar Attended so no hope of finding it online

Thanks.  She was with Knight Gudger for a number of years, at least from 1899 until 1914 where she had a number of children, from Knight Bennett to Robert Bennett all born out of wedlock.  She married George later in life who was living next to Knight Gudger and caroline in 1911.  Caroline in both those relationships was the younger party as both men were considerably older than she was