Author Topic: Possible Double entry in scotlands people for Roy A Wilson  (Read 963 times)

Offline Nairbbrian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Possible Double entry in scotlands people for Roy A Wilson
« on: Thursday 20 January 22 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone.  Could someone please tell me if the entries shown here  in Scotlands People are doubles . I am pretty confident that there is only one Roy Andrew Alexander Wilson because I have emailed his son .Yet he appears twice in the search .I would like to know  if the  two Roy A Wilson's  coming up in the search are the same one who was a sherrif of elgin  .I do know that his  wife  Alison  M  Craig / Wilson lived in "deansford' east high st Bishopsmill.would appreciate any help . One is shown born in Ellon and one in St Machar
Thanks  Brian
Hastie, Hildersley, Ramsay, Lumsden, Hercus, Hume, Harquis, Murray, Haig, Young, Flucker, Seater, Adamson, Durham, Mclaren, Mclean and Goodale.
   Music ,Art ,History, Esoterica

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Double entry in scotlands people for Roy A Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 January 22 15:46 GMT (UK) »
What sort of double entry - do you mean a birth entry or a census entry or something else?
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 January 22 15:53 GMT (UK) »
There are seven listings of Roy A Wilsons in the Scottish birth indexes. They include Roy Andrew A Wilson, whose birth in 1932 is listed twice, once in Edinburgh Morningside and once in Edinburgh Canongate.

This is quite normal. At that time, when a baby was born in a district other than the district where the parents live, the birth was registered in the district where the birth took place. The registrar in that district then forwarded the details to the registrar in the parents' district of residence, who added the event to his register, so you get two listings of the same birth.

I presume that this is the Roy Andrew Alex Wilson whose death at the age of 37 was recorded in the Consular Returns in 1969.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Nairbbrian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 January 22 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Birth entry
Hastie, Hildersley, Ramsay, Lumsden, Hercus, Hume, Harquis, Murray, Haig, Young, Flucker, Seater, Adamson, Durham, Mclaren, Mclean and Goodale.

Offline Nairbbrian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 January 22 15:59 GMT (UK) »
I am actually interested in the one  from st machar /ellon

Offline Nairbbrian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 January 22 16:06 GMT (UK) »
I have found Roy A. Wilson living in Windsor Street, Edinburgh in 1953 and was wondering if it was the same Roy A. Wilson. Roy was a very close family friend and I am very keen on contacting his family.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 January 22 16:07 GMT (UK) »
I am actually interested in the one  from st machar /ellon
He was Roy Alexander, not Roy Andrew Alexander, and he seems to have died in Elgin in 1985. He is the one who was Sheriff of Elgin.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Nairbbrian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 20 January 22 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Yes you are correct, sorry. The name is Roy A. Wilson on the Edinburgh voter registration.

He was living alone from 1951 until 1954 at 5 Windsor St, Edinburgh. After that there is a Roy A. Wilson living with an Alison M. Wilson at a different address.

I really would like to confirm if these two Roy A.'s are the same person and try to get in contact with any relatives.

Offline Nairbbrian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 20 January 22 16:17 GMT (UK) »
The Roy that my family knew well was probably musical as he had a black piano in his flat and he gave my mother a lacquered clock, so he may have brought this from  overseas.