Author Topic: Sarah Dudmish ca.1826 - Barley, Royston  (Read 433 times)

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
Sarah Dudmish ca.1826 - Barley, Royston
« on: Saturday 22 January 22 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Not my tree, but I'm after anything after 1851 for Sarah Dudmish.

She was born to William (ca.1807-1837) and Lydia (nee Clibbins ca.1806-1858) Dudmish and was baptised on 28th January 1827 at St John of Jerusalem, South Hackney. (Bear with me).

Mother Lydia married for the third time to John Chuck (ca. 1805-1874) on 1st October 1844 in Barley, Hertfordshire.  In 1851, they were here:

Barley

John Chuck, Head, 44, Woodcutter, Barley Herts.
Lydia Chuck, Wife, 44, Barley Herts.
Maria Chuck, Daughter, 18, Barley Herts.
Sarah Dudmish, Daughter, 24, Hackney

HO107; Piece: 1707; Folio: 390; Page: 2

I can find nothing more about Sarah beyond this point.  I wasn't quite sure which board to post on, but since this is the last sighting of her, I figured I'd stick to Hertfordshire.  If anyone could help, that would be fantastic!

Many thanks,
Emma
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Dudmish ca.1826 - Barley, Royston
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 January 22 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Could she have married as Sarah CHUCK?

Marriage: 15 April 1857 of Sarah Chuck, daughter of John Chuck, to William Sharp/e at St Mary's Hitchin
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 January 22 00:43 GMT (UK) »
I checked that couple out on the 1861 & Sarah was b Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 January 22 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Lydia also remarried in 1839 to James Warren

In 1851 the family were living in the Royston RD & there are 2 Sarah Warren marriages in that RD 1852 & 1856
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 23 January 22 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi both,

Thank you for the replies.  I've had a look at the Royston marriages - QDec 1852 to a William Coxall and QDec 1856 to either a Samuel Anderson or Thomas Forster.  The only Sarah I could find as a wife was marrried to Samuel Anderson and was born in 1831 in Sandon.

Sarah's mum Lydia married John Chuck when Sarah was 18 years old, which is why I think she would have gone forward using her birth name of Dudmish, rather than adopt her stepfather's surname.  Although, I suppose there is every chance I will be proved wrong!
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)