Author Topic: Thomas Hogan born 1831  (Read 395 times)

Offline AmandaP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Thomas Hogan born 1831
« on: Wednesday 26 January 22 02:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am hoping someone can please look at an original record on film for me. Our local LDS site doesn’t seem to be open at the moment. I am trying to determine if there is a transcription or interpretation error in the data uploaded for the record to the familysearch.org website. My ancestor John Hogan, an Irish soldier is often recorded as Joannes/Joannis being the Latin form of John. There is a baptism record for Thomas Hogan on 19 Jan 1831 in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Northumberland to parents “James” Hogan and Ann Devlin. Other than father’s first name, this fits Thomas as per later census records. Thomas was the only one of my great great grandmother’s siblings born in Newcastle, and there are no other births/baptisms for children of “James Hogan and Ann Devlin”. I am theorising that “James” might be a misinterpretation or misread of “Joannis”.
Note: there are no other records potentially linking mother’s maiden name.

Record information:
Microfilm number: 1936956
Image number: 62

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Hogan born 1831
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 January 22 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the archives aren't letting the public access microfilms at the moment.  I was there yesterday, and from I was told it seems like this will be the situation for the foreseeable future.
As you have a date the staff might do this look up for you for around £6 I think.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline AmandaP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Hogan born 1831
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 January 22 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately the archives aren't letting the public access microfilms at the moment.  I was there yesterday, and from I was told it seems like this will be the situation for the foreseeable future.
As you have a date the staff might do this look up for you for around £6 I think.
Ok, thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.