Author Topic: Can I narrow down my DNA connection  (Read 741 times)

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Can I narrow down my DNA connection
« on: Wednesday 26 January 22 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello :)
I have an unknown Ancestry DNA match at 144cm. I have managed to connect 3 more unknown DNA matches, to the 144cm one, and have put them into a 'new tree' to act as a reference.
I have snipped this 'new tree' family structure showing the DNA matches with amount of cm (attached).
The position of the largest DNA match is making me think that my focus for a connection is 'B Boy' born 1894, but would appreciate thoughts on this.
Hope I am making sense, as it is starting to puddle my brain  :)
Mar
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carmella

• RootsChat Member
  • nsus information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can I narrow down my DNA connection
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 January 22 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

So from the current tree information it would seem more likely you are descended from B Boy than anyone else.

A few ideas:

Does B Boy have any more siblings/ half siblings?  If so potentially you could have an even bigger match to one of them.

Do you have any DNA matches to B Boy's wife/partner or her parents or her siblings?

Do you have any DNA matches to S Boy's wife/partner or her parents/siblings?

However, if  you can't find matches to a specific line it doesn't necessarily mean you're not related to them - it could be that nobody has tested from that ancestral line as yet.

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: Can I narrow down my DNA connection
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 January 22 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carmelia  :)
thanks so much for your advice. I do need to add some more to 'B Boys' wife and family, as I haven't explored that properly.
B Boy does have other siblings, but I cant see any more matches I can connect, however I will keep trying :-)
Mar
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk