Author Topic: Florence May Sweet b 1905 in Hendon, Middlesex  (Read 237 times)

Offline amandas123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Florence May Sweet b 1905 in Hendon, Middlesex
« on: Wednesday 26 January 22 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Don't know how to delete this entry - have found her. She married George White. I am trying to find the whereabouts in the 1939 Register of FLORENCE MAY SWEET born in 1905 to Mark Robert Sweet and wife Eliz Florence Hickman.

She had at least 1 illegitimate child - Florence Rebecca Sweet in 1924 and possibly Gordon C Roy Sweet in 1932. They are both living with their grandparents in 1939. I cannot find their mother.

Any ideas?

Amanda Stone
Don't know how to delete this entry - have found her. She married George White.
What I have found:
She was born 31 Dec 1904. She appears in 1911 census with father Mark Robert and Elizabeth Florence Sweet. She had an illegitimate daughter, Florence Rebecca Sweet on 27 May 1924. She married George White (from Kent) in Oct 1925. She had at least one child with him: Ronald Walter White in 1935. The 1939 register shows them living in Wembley and he is a groundsman (presumably at Wembley). There are two blacked out entries. In the meantime her illegitimate daughter, 15 yo Florence Rebecca is living/staying with grandparents not far away in Wembley. I have concluded that the child Gordon Sweet (known to family as Roy) born in 1932 was born to Isabella (only sister I think, of Flo May).
The family story tells that Flo May Sweet worked at Buckingham Palace and that her illegitimate daughter is related to a royal. I think this is a joke that has gone awry.
Looking at the photo of her daughter, Flo Rebecca, she does have a queen smile! I have no idea how to get hold of lists of servants in the palace if they exist. I don't know how to attach a photo to this message.

A couple of people have associated her with the Flo M who married Cyril Sweet. It is not she. She was born Abbot.

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Florence May Sweet b 1905 in Hendon, Middlesex
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 January 22 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Good question. She's not on the electoral register with her family in  the late 1920s or early 1930s, although other daughters are (potential alternative mothers to Gordon?)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 January 22 22:12 GMT (UK) »
She could be anywhere, perhaps in service in another part of the country  :-\

Do you have her exact date of birth?
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 January 22 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Don't know how to delete this entry - have found her. She married George White.

Just adding this after the replies is all that is needed
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk