Author Topic: Looking for James Shepherd in 1851 census - Barnham page missing?  (Read 225 times)

Offline CrystalPalace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for James Shepherd in 1851 census - Barnham page missing?
« on: Sunday 30 January 22 14:40 GMT (UK) »
James Shepherd was living in Barnham, Sussex in 1841 but after that date I can find no more info.

I thought I would check the all the individuals on the 1851 census for Barnham in case he was there but not transcribed due to misspelling etc but some of the schedule seems to be missing.
It seems to start at household 10 (William Tipper). The first line on the page has 'William ditto(for surname) son 7 mo', though the transcription (this is on Ancestry by the way) shows surname as Boiling but not shown on film. Seems to me there must be a previous page that someone was able to transcribe.

Can someone point me to where the film of households 1-9 might be available ?

I've hit a brick wall with James SHEPHERD and I'm not especially hopeful of finding him still in Barnham in 1851 but at least I could exclude - which would be progress of a sort!

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for James Shepherd in 1851 census - Barnham page missing?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 January 22 15:07 GMT (UK) »
It seems to start at household 10 (William Tipper). The first line on the page has 'William ditto(for surname) son 7 mo', though the transcription (this is on Ancestry by the way) shows surname as Boiling but not shown on film. Seems to me there must be a previous page that someone was able to transcribe.

He is not on the pages before household 10 (Charles Tipper, not William  :) )
Images are on F M P

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CrystalPalace

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for James Shepherd in 1851 census - Barnham page missing?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 January 22 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, found it now.