Author Topic: Does anyone have photographs?  (Read 336 times)

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Does anyone have photographs?
« on: Sunday 30 January 22 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Before I start, I am NOT looking for any research on these two people; this is a specific request (but thanks to all Chatters who will, I know, be itching to have 'just a peep'!!! :D)

Joseph Beck (1834-1906) married Sarah Emma Gould (1858-1942) in Uttoxeter in 1895; they were from Abbots Bromley.  She was his third wife; they had no issue (he already had 16 children from his first 2 wives so I think he believed he'd 'done his duty' by then!).

Does anyone have these two people in their trees and, more importantly, do they have a photo of either or both of them taken in the 1890s/1900s, please?

Jim of Photo Restoration and Dating kindly informed me that the dress worn by 2 'portraits' in my possession (which I am told are "overdrawings" of enlarged photographs to look like painted portraits and done by a member of the family, an exhibited artist, in the 1930s or 1940s) is from the 1890s-1900s.  I was told by the sender of these photos that these were of the artist's grandparents on the distaff side (i.e., my great-grandparents) but they are not, as I already have photos of them.  Joseph and Sarah Emma are the grandparents on the other side and, as the dates match the information I was given by Jim in regard to dress, I thought I'd give it a try?

Thanks in advance!

lydiaann
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee