Author Topic: general research information  (Read 346 times)

Offline ilovelucy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
general research information
« on: Sunday 30 January 22 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Greetings RootsChat crew,
I have several inquiries today that I would greatly appreciate any information on:

1. How common was it for a prospective wife to be several years older than her prospective spouse???

2. How common was it for "older marriages"  that is not the usual 18 -20 for the wife and 21-25 for the spouse???

3. Was it possible, and maybe a bit common, for women 40 - 50 years old to be having children????

4. I have a relative from Northfield Farm, Coldingham, Berwick.  I was wondering what the farm produced in the 1700's and 1800's.  Was it one large farm or a series of small homes in like a subdivision??

4. And, finally, I have just found a relative from Ninewells-Miln, Chirnside.  Does anyone have any information on  this place.

Thank you all in advance for reading my post and offering what information you have to help me understand more my path through research.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: general research information
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 January 22 19:56 GMT (UK) »
1.  Not completely uncommon but rarer than the other way round

2. Not that rare for a woman to be in her late 20's when she married

3. My paternal grandmother was 45 when she had my grandfather.  A lot more women had children in          their mid 40's back then than nowadays
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ilovelucy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: general research information
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 January 22 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your input.