Author Topic: Who is Albert Gluck?  (Read 473 times)

Offline LucyLoo777

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Who is Albert Gluck?
« on: Thursday 03 February 22 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Good evening

I would like to help solve a death as the person remains unidentified.
Albert Gluck = Death Vockerode, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany in 2016 aged between 45 to 60 years old.

I believe that he may have been an Australian National as have found some Albert Glucks on the National Archives but two are closed documents.

If any one can help I would be grateful please, many thanks.

Offline LucyLoo777

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Albert Gluck?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 February 22 19:50 GMT (UK) »
I tried myself to find some information but can only find an Albert Glock in Australia who would not fit as the spelling is different and he passed in the 1960's.  ???

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 February 22 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Is this connected to the open police murder investigation covered here https://www.sachsen-anhalt.de/bs/pressemitteilungen/pressemitteilung-details/?no_cache=1&tx_tsarssinclude_pi1%5Buid%5D=74207&tx_tsarssinclude_pi1%5Baction%5D=single&tx_tsarssinclude_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=Static&cHash=1064269fab5029a7c898e2a4ae316d16

Not sure RC is the best place for this type of research to be honest  :-\

The person remains unidentified and his name unknown. Pretty hard for anyone to help with this...

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LucyLoo777

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 February 22 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Is this connected to the open police murder investigation covered here https://www.sachsen-anhalt.de/bs/pressemitteilungen/pressemitteilung-details/?no_cache=1&tx_tsarssinclude_pi1%5Buid%5D=74207&tx_tsarssinclude_pi1%5Baction%5D=single&tx_tsarssinclude_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=Static&cHash=1064269fab5029a7c898e2a4ae316d16

Not sure RC is the best place for this type of research to be honest  :-\

The person remains unidentified and his name unknown. Pretty hard for anyone to help with this...

Monica
Thank you for your time anyway. I am moderator for a missing persons group and was hoping someone could help. That is a great link you have posted by the way as gives a lot of detail into the case.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 February 22 01:42 GMT (UK) »
It will be very difficult to identify him if he was born in Australia, as there are strict privacy laws so that births can in general only be searched after 100 years. Each State has it's own registration system and what is available on-line will vary between jurisdictions. But as he would be born c1950-1970, indexes will not include births in this time period.

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 05 February 22 03:20 GMT (UK) »
The surname is GLUCKL (GLÜCKL) isn't it?  That is what it looks like to me.  Plenty of them around in Germany.

Debra  :)