Author Topic: Post 1858 English wills website seems to be down  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Post 1858 English wills website seems to be down
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Once you have the page in 1906 with the will of interest click on " click to open image" . This should open a page with zoom controls at the top. Beside them is " show form" - click on that and the form you need to complete appears at the right of the screen. ( From what I have read on this and other threads in completing the form if there is no folio number you need to write nil or none for the form to be accepted).

Good luck!

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 09 February 22 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks!  Order accepted.  (I just put a dash in the folio box, and that worked fine)

Not exactly user friendly, is it?  I shouldn't be in the position of thinking that it was better before.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Watson

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 22 February 22 10:09 GMT (UK) »
The probate site says it is having login problems.  After 15 days, I found that one of my two wills was marked in "My Orders" as ready to download.  However, when I tried to download it, I got a message saying that some of the information I provided is incomplete or incorrect and my request is returned as a no trace.  Unfortunately, no clue is given as to what was wrong, and a complete record of what I input is not provided.  Is that normal?

I thought I had provided all the necessary information: from memory, surname, given name, dates of death and probate, probate registry, folio number.

They say that to proceed I would have to submit a new order and pay a further fee, but I don't fancy that without knowing what was wrong the first time.

Is anything to be done?