Author Topic: probatesearch website  (Read 11871 times)

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: probatesearch website
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 16:54 BST (UK) »
I have been unable to order any wills requiring Folio numbers for some time now. If you emails them on hmctswills@ironmountain.co.uk you MAY get a reply but I usually don't.

I ordered some wills a few weeks ago that went into the system fine but have never turned up. One that claimed to have Grant and Will available had the Grant but not the will and they haven't responded to my query about that either.

I'm sorry to be discouraging Eric but I can only wish you luck ::)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline ele002

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Under Age Grandfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 17:02 BST (UK) »
You're not being discouraging, I appreciate your reply. It doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm just glad it isn't me missing something obvious.

I thought things had settled down with not hearing much on the subject of late. Maybe people have just given up.

Onwards and downwards. Eric.
Jones:Middleton, Howarth:Manchester, Dean:Ardwick/Manchester, Harvey:Nth Manchester & Elland/West Yorks,  Tattersall:Manchester/Salford/Burnley,  
 Lees:Prestwich/Manchester, Wild : Manchester/Salford,
Davies/Williams :Ruabon/Wrexham
Peace: Burton on Trent

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 17:31 BST (UK) »
If there’s no folio number present on the image you can add a space (so the system accepts the entry!). At least that’s what i was told recently and it worked. Recent orders have gone in and been returned without a problem, though all my orders pre the update have disappeared.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline ele002

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Under Age Grandfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 18:48 BST (UK) »
The 4 that I managed to submit didn't need a Folio No. and the order form didn't ask for one. The one I am having a problem with does require a Folio No. and the order form knows that, so it very cleverly produces a box to put it in.

My problem is, as I mentioned, is being unable to submit the order.

Eric.
Jones:Middleton, Howarth:Manchester, Dean:Ardwick/Manchester, Harvey:Nth Manchester & Elland/West Yorks,  Tattersall:Manchester/Salford/Burnley,  

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 18:58 BST (UK) »
So is there a folio number in the image?
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline ele002

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Under Age Grandfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 19:00 BST (UK) »
Oh yes and I put it in the box.

Offline Crumblie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 19:22 BST (UK) »
In the latest issue of WDYTYA magazine there is a response to letter about the problems people are having which quotes the Ministry of Justice as saying 'We understand the frustration users have experienced and thank them for their patience. We are working on a range of further enhancements to improve the service' I think it is a clear case of if it is not broken don't fix it in the first place.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 19:24 BST (UK) »
Oh yes and I put it in the box.

Apologies then, I obviously got the wrong end of the stick

Offline ele002

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Under Age Grandfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 19:29 BST (UK) »
That's ok. No need to apologise.

Thanks Crumblie. That seems to explain everything. Maybe they should have thought about doing the job properly in the first place, by having someone on the case who knew something about the site, or as you suggested, just left it alone.

Regards, Eric.