Author Topic: probatesearch website  (Read 11872 times)

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: probatesearch website
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 07:21 BST (UK) »
Yes indeed histbak, that has happened to me several times. Eventually, (and in some cases it has been more than a month later) I do get the email and at that point the will is available. I have also sent emails to IronMountain and rarely get a reply so have given up on that front!

It has certainly put me off ordering wills though as I was on a roll with ordering just before the site went off-line and the very long delays (still haven't received one I ordered several months back) mean that I have lost the thread of my researches once they finally appear...
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 08:17 BST (UK) »
I have found that you may have to wait quite a while for the 2nd document to be available to download.

From my own experience it could be several hours, in some cases though the 2 documents are available together.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 08:57 BST (UK) »
I tried to place an order this morning.
The website insisted that my email address was invalid?!

I use GMX, and have done for more than 10 years.
I send, and receive, many emails every day.

How can it be an invalid email address?

P.S. Eventually ordered using a secondary, little used, email address!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 13:09 BST (UK) »
This is one mega thread ! forgive me if this has been bought up before -

My order will/probate - Found the record using the sites search no problem and placed the order - also no problem -

I have not received an email to say my documents are ready to download - however logging in and looking under 'My Orders' I can see two 'document 'Download Links'  one for Grant Document and one for the Will Document...Yippeee I thought! However -

When I click on the Download Link for the Grant Document I receive a PDF document - all good !
When I click on the Download Link for the Will Document - nothing happens.!

I then sent an email to ironmountain (a week ago) requesting an update...but alas no response as yet.

Anyone have a similar issue - where one document like the Grant document can be downloaded but the Will document does not?!

Yes. Be patient. They respond eventually in my experience. Both times that happened to me they emailed me the missing Grants directly, and also fixed the download link at the same time. Annoying though, nevertheless!
Stokes - London and Essex
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts
Humphries/Humphreys from Montgomeryshire

Offline histbak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 14:02 BST (UK) »

Yes. Be patient. They respond eventually in my experience. Both times that happened to me they emailed me the missing Grants directly, and also fixed the download link at the same time. Annoying though, nevertheless!

Thankyou Phil and to all who have responded to my post - clearly this service has more than a few issues atm - and patience will be mine !  Cheers
Looking for any History Information of the surname 'Paul' family of London/Cookham/Wycombe and New Zealand

Offline alainelloyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Friday 27 May 22 10:17 BST (UK) »
I'm having the same problem, I can download the Grant but not the Will. Also the 'Contact Us' tab doesn't work for me so I have no way of contacting them. Can someone please give me the email address so I can contact them?

Offline histbak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Friday 27 May 22 15:06 BST (UK) »
I'm having the same problem, I can download the Grant but not the Will. Also the 'Contact Us' tab doesn't work for me so I have no way of contacting them. Can someone please give me the email address so I can contact them?

sending you a PM - I got my similar problem fixed today after about a week.
Looking for any History Information of the surname 'Paul' family of London/Cookham/Wycombe and New Zealand

Offline Darnity

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Saturday 28 May 22 12:58 BST (UK) »
I can download the Grant but not the Will

I ordered four wills a few days ago and they appeared in my account very quickly. All four show Grant and Will and for three of them I just clicked and downloaded both documents.

However the fourth one shows Grant and Will available. I clicked on Grant and downloaded that and then tried to click on Will but it doesn't work.

A while later I had a good look at the Grant and realised that it says INTESTATE - ie he died without a will so that explains why there is no will to download in this case. But I wonder why they show Will in my account when there isn't one.

alainelloyd - does the Grant say there is a will or does it say intestate - easy to overlook that.
Gypsy DRAPERs, children of Billy and Mary - Ellen,Darnity,Spencer,Billy Jnr,Kisby,Ellick
Descendants of Fred and Esther (Garrett) WHITLOCK - Wavendon, Woburn Sands area
Descendants of George and Barbara (Willis) SUTTON - Earls Barton and Nether Heyford
BISSELL - Hanslope, New Bradwell, Bucks and Aston, Birmingham area
Lavinia DRAPER died 1840 Cranfield
Gypsies in the Bow Brickhill and Beds/Bucks border areas

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Saturday 28 May 22 18:00 BST (UK) »
I had a problem with only one link. Ironmountain were useless and have still not sorted it,  but the Wills site soon fixed it and sent me a link the next day.

"If you are only seeing one link then please try using Chrome as this seems to be the browser most compatible with showing both links available to download.
If you have any further problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,
HMCTS Wills Helpdesk"

Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)