Author Topic: Date for this postcard please of Langley Lady ?  (Read 326 times)

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Date for this postcard please of Langley Lady ?
« on: Friday 11 February 22 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

On the back of this photo it has the following printed: POST CARD.
And on the left it has: This space may now be used for Inland and Colonial Communications.
And on the right: The address only to be written here.

Any thoughts on a date, please?

Thanks ever so much,
Glen
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Date for this postcard please of Langley Lady ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 February 22 14:03 GMT (UK) »
This is and Edwardian photo and the date would be somewhere after 1902 when the divided back postcard was introduced in the UK. Another lovely photo. She is also wearing a wedding ring.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline -Glen-

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 February 22 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Carol! Really appreciate your help and your knowledge!
With these dates, I'm starting to narrow down who they may be.
I'm thinking this must be one of the aunts that my great grandmother grew up with. They were born between 1865 and 1878.
Thanks for your help,
Glen  :)
Galway, Ireland: Cunningham, Deely, Callanan, Conerneen/Conerney, Mullins and more. London, England:  Callingham, Buck, Parker, Comerford, Staples, Pitter, Gallington, Langhelt, Setzer and more! Bearsted/Maidstone, Kent: Lamkin, Langley, Smith

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 February 22 14:53 GMT (UK) »
My pleasure Glen.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU