Author Topic: Have Ancestry been messing with 'Messaging' again?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Have Ancestry been messing with 'Messaging' again?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 February 22 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear, have checked and all my messages have also changed to 'read' now too. Maybe they thought too many people were being put off sending messages as so many go un-read that they decided to change their status to let us think they have been read.
There now seems to be a green dot by the message icon in the top corner, that I presume is meant to indicate a new message, instead of the old number, which was fairly useless as you couldn't expect people to remember how many messages they had last time they logged in. That would be a useful change, however, since I know I have read all the messages, and it is still showing a green dot, it is still as useless as the old number, until and if they fix it ::).

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 12:46 GMT (UK) »
All messages now seem to say read the moment you have sent them, so that's obviously nonsense, and another thing broken. Messenger also now seems inaccessible 75% of the time, tried different browsers.

Offline jnomad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 15:07 GMT (UK) »
For me paragraphs seem to have reappeared in sent messages.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 February 22 15:35 GMT (UK) »
For me paragraphs seem to have reappeared in sent messages.

Back for me too.....hopefully search by keyword content will return also. Can't imagine they will be able to remove 'read' from messages which haven't been though, however we can but hope.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline jwynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 May 22 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Scotmum,
I too have the same problems. Keyword searching on Messages has disappeared, and if I put a punctuation mark in a message it changes to an ASCII code. "Can't" becomes "Can't".
Regards,
John
Wynn & Wynne, in the Rhosllanerchrugog, Ponciau, Aberderfyn, Brymbo, Moss, Pentre Broughton, Bersham, Coed Poeth, Talwrn, Adwyrclawdd areas between Wrexham and Ruabon.

Offline PommieG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 08 May 22 10:24 BST (UK) »
Ancestry has been messing with the whole set-up.I find it impossible to use now and I've cancelled my account. I've complained several times to no avail. Earlier one could edit search details within a family tree. That option has gone now. I want to find a baptism for Maggie Smith but ancestry insists on giving me a long list of Maggie Brown, her married name. If I search for a marriage of Tom Brown and Maggie Smith I get all the marriage banns for their 10 children but not theirs. It's just so frustrating.