Author Topic: Possible to prove which Robert is the right Robert?  (Read 875 times)

Offline Woolverine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to prove which Robert is the right Robert?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 February 22 21:00 GMT (UK) »

I'm also a bit wary of the idea of her having a child at the age of 48. I've been having a look on the internet, and of the more credible web sites, the consensus seems to be that a woman is very unlikely to conceive by natural means (i.e. without IVF or hormone treatment or other medical interventions) after the age of 45.

I've known (and known of) a number of women get pregnant during menopause, so that didn't seem immediately unlikely to me.

The Elizabeth/Bethia switch - I agree it's a bit of a trap, especially as I'm dubious already because of the parents. If I could only identify who first connected this particular Elizabeth/Bethia to my Robert... They might have had actual evidence!

I'd already started collecting Marshalls for elimination purposes. I foresee crazed diagrams in my future :D

Offline Robneve

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Possible to prove which Robert is the right Robert?
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 March 22 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Have a look at my Family Tree. -  Allan Family Tree Mar 2012 AB.   My user name is allanr 48. Look for Robert Nimmo, born 1728 in Polmont.  You will find him married to Elizabeth Marshall. I do believe everything is correct.  Don't be afraid of "Bethia". It was the contracted name for Elizabeth and is sometimes spelled Bethea as well. The name is peppered all though my tree.